Recommend a Yoga DVD?

Options
DRetel
DRetel Posts: 136 Member
Do you have a favourite? Preferably for a beginner! I've never done a yoga pose in my life, but I'm thinking of giving it a whirl at home... and maybe if I like it, I'll join a class.

Thanks! :-)

Replies

• sweetsapphire85
    Options
    my local library rents out work out DVD's for 3 weeks so I borrowed "Yoga for Wimps" it was pretty challenging and I enjoyed it a lot when I did it. Really got me hooked on yoga and I've enjoyed doing it for relaxation and flexibility now, as well as the occasional class that i enroll in.
  • StephNE500
    Options
    I'd suggest going to gaiam.com and browsing their selection. I like Rodney Yee as the instructor. I enjoy Power Yoga for Flexibility but I don't know if I'd recommend it for a beginner. I think most of them will say if it's for beginner, intermediate, or advanced or something like that. Also, if you find one you want to try, I'd check on Ebay to see if you can find it cheaper :) Hope this helps you get started.
  • budkow
    budkow Posts: 39
    Options
    I'd never done Yoga before, so I got the obvious one: "Yoga for dummies". :smile: It's a great one to slowly walk through some of the basic poses. After doing that one for a bit I got "The Biggest Loser: Weight Loss Yoga". It's a great DVD and it's amazing how sweaty I can get doing yoga. Definitely recommend both of them if you've never done yoga.
  • jackiebo
    jackiebo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Baron Baptiste has good lessons....I started out with Ki McGraw's beginner DVD. If it's available, it's a good one.
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Options
    The Firm has one for beginners and it's great. I also love the dvds from gaiam.
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'd never done Yoga before, so I got the obvious one: "Yoga for dummies". :smile: It's a great one to slowly walk through some of the basic poses. After doing that one for a bit I got "The Biggest Loser: Weight Loss Yoga". It's a great DVD and it's amazing how sweaty I can get doing yoga. Definitely recommend both of them if you've never done yoga.
    I love The Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga too.
  • LettyM62
    LettyM62 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Check out this website for free online yoga videos, it's really good, my favorite among the many out there!

http://www.yogatic.com/
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I checked out Biggest Loser Yoga from the library and actually really like that one! It has three phases so you start at the beginner level and work your way up. I thought I hated yoga but I started with the P90X yogaX and it was just too advanced for me. I also tried shorter yoga DVD that I have by the same guy (Tony Horton) and it was better but I still didn't get into it and thought I just didn't like yoga until the Biggest Loser DVD. I like that one so much it's overdue and I am just going to buy it! Try your library or dvd store and try a few out. It's better to rent or borrow them before you buy so you don't end up hating what you're working with.
  • DRetel
    DRetel Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :-)