Personality and Obesity

Options
I am often very skeptical of anything I read in the news about weight loss and diet but found this one to have some interesting points. It is all about calories in verses calories out but for some of us the impulsive decisions to overeat make dieting so much harder.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/diet/is-your-personality-making-you-fat/news-story/bf433180067b7c980d7aa46093e2ac71?utm_content=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=EditorialSF&utm_source=News.com.au&utm_medium=Facebook

Replies

• inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I would definitely describe myself as impulsive
  • WillingtoLose1001984
    WillingtoLose1001984 Posts: 240 Member
    Options

Me too
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options

Me too

Me three
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

Me too

Me three

Same
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    There are some good points.
    I am not a very impulsive eater.
  • Nyxks
    Nyxks Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Would be nice to be able to eat what ever when ever. Unfortunately being food deprived means you streach what little u have so u have something even if it's only a few 100 calories a day to survive on.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I was more of a compulsive overeater. Losing the good food/bad food idea made a hell of a difference.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I was more of a compulsive overeater. Losing the good food/bad food idea made a hell of a difference.

I can so relate to that one. Impulsive eating is what got me overweight but once I decided to lose it obsessiveness kicked it. I still struggle with the good food/bad food mentality when I am really stressed but most of the time it is fine. I just really don't enjoy most sweet food anymore and don't really want to start eating too much of it to the point where I do enjoy and crave it again.