Day Four

Options
Thought I'd do a little update, organize some thoughts. :)

So, days three and four are usually where my diets completely fall apart. Like, literally every program or fitness plan I've ever started was DONE, kaput, by no later than maybe day 5. So, from a track record perspective, I'm doing pretty good so far!

One thing I'd like to bring up is the fact that I've done more actual COOKING this week than in probably the last two months combined. Sadly, that's not an exaggeration. I'm very much a Open-Box-Stick-In-Microwave kind of chef most of the time, and if it's not that, it's fast food.

This week, I've cooked low-cal chicken marinara, flounder and rice, and just tonight I made the most AMAZING fajitas (not to toot my own horn, but they were pretty damn good for a first try!) These aren't necessarily the most involved meals, they were pretty easy. I think actually taking some steps to make my own food and think about what was in it, and especially balance each meal against what I plan to have throughout the day, has been a really helpful experience.

I experience a lot of fatigue and joint pain from day to day as a result of my weight, so exercise is... well... difficult. But, for about a week I've walked at least one mile every day, and when that gets easier to do, I plan to take it up to two miles, and so on.

My first real goal is to just make it a full week. One full week of making my calorie and macro goals, one full week of doing at least my mile walk every day. It's a small increment, I know. But if I can make it to the end of this week, I'll have accomplished something I never had before; stuck with a program. If I can do one week, I can do two. If I can do two weeks, I can do a month. I HAVE to stick with it! I hope that one day I'll look back on these posts and be able to say I did it.

Replies

• 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
    This time can be different!
    Here's why- just remember that weight loss comes down to creating a calorie deficit. As long as you are at a calorie deficit, you will lose weight.
    Calories in calories out.
    Let go of any bad or outdated information that you may have heard in the past. Things like " carbs cause weight gain" and " diet soda causes weight gain from the chemicals" or " strength training makes ladies bulky". There's a lot of dieting woo out there and it really complicates this for those who don't yet know the truth.
    The truth is that all you need to do is create a calorie deficit in order to lose weight.
    You can do this! Everyone starts somewhere!
  • forumromanus77
    forumromanus77 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I've been under my calorie limit every day so far, and it's actually been easier than I thought. Stuff like Weight Watchers makes choosing foods way more complicated than it should be. Using the food database on myfitnesspal is WAY easier, and I feel really good about this so far. :smile:
  • amiranjit25
    amiranjit25 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I know how you feel. I can't seem to get past two days!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have a different perspective on it this time. Well done on all your meal making! Being determined to see something out is half the battle - keep up the great work :smile:
  • marysabetournay
    marysabetournay Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    weight loss is a slow process (at least for me) but so worth it in the end...i've been at it since sept for a 20lbs weight loss and finally got there! You can do this! One day at a time..
  • Qbaimee
    Qbaimee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    It sounds to me like you are doing everything right.. meal prepping, taking things slowly, one day at a time.
    That is awesome. You can do it, keep that mindset and dont rush into anything. Congratulations to you!!

• AmyNoah2017
    AmyNoah2017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I totally understand where your coming from! This is my day 4 too. I dont think i've ever ate as much salad in my life as i have the past few days!!! Just weighted myself today (first time in like a year) and wow it was a shocker, a real kick up the bum for me i knew consiously i was getting bigger but to have it their on writing in front of me was well upsetting to say the least but i know what i have to do and i cant afford not to stick to it now.

Like you i have no motivation to stick to any diet routine ever, as soon as its gotten hard ive given up! But this time im determined to lose it and more!

If you ever need a friend to push you to achieve your goals feel free to add me! We can all do this together!!