Fast Food Finds

Options
crb426
crb426 Posts: 657 Member
edited April 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Yesterday I was left with less than 500 calories for dinner and no motivation to cook. Plus, not a lot of money to spend. I googled low-cal options at various fast food places and found the following suggestion at Taco Bell:

2 Fresco-style shredded chicken soft tacos (chicken, pico, lettuce, small flour tortilla)- 140 calories each
1 side of rice and beans- 180 calories

Total: 460 calories (website estimation)

So I tried it. I put the side of rice and beans in each of the tacos, stuffing them to capacity. And Oh My God, it was delicious! And after eating it at 5:30 I was still full throughout the rest of the night until breakfast.

So, I'd love to hear about other low-cal fast food options that you have discovered and fallen in love with.

Replies

• sabinaholtby
    sabinaholtby Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wendy's chicken go wrap!! Yum.
  • AgidGirl
    AgidGirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Yummmmm! Great tip...I love Taco Bell
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I had the Fresco Steak Burrito Supreme today for lunch and it was great. I needed a lunch for under 350 and it was perfect and filling.
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I used to eat that a few years ago a lot the fresco menu it's definitely delicious and a great low calorie option. I'm currently obsessed with the spicy potatoe soft taco ^_^ it's amazing.
  • cdkelly
    cdkelly Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I like the chicken souvlaki pita from extreme pita. 350 calories. Mostly healthy. And very filling and satisfying.
  • jtomaszewski81
    jtomaszewski81 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Panda Express bowl - veggies and beef n broccoli. 220 calories. Love it for lunch. It keeps me filled up until dinner.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    Subway chopped salad helps fill me up, and I usually just have them put vinegar on it for dressing (I like vinegar ;) ). Calories vary depending on what meat or cheese you have them add, but with all the veggies added it's a pretty big, tasty and filling thing. If it's a meal, make sure to add something with protein, and something with fat (so that you get the most out of the micronutrients in the veggies).
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Hardees/Carl Jr, but making it Lettuce instead of Bun [low-carb it option]... Jimmy John's Unwich [depends on your toppings and dressings]..
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Extreme Pita has lots of tasty options. My kids love Fatburger, and I like their burgers lettuce wrapped. Subway is okay (not as tasty as Extreme Pita, but they're on campus so more convenient); I usually stick to mustard for my condiment as the sauces are what get you calorie-wise at Subway.
  • Tricia7188
    Tricia7188 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Love the fresco option at Taco Bell. Also really like Wendy's salads. Apple pecan chicken is yummy, half size is still filling and has decent protein. The chili is good but I like the bulk of the salad.
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Chick-fil-a's salads and their grilled chicken nuggets are really good.
  • KatieNicole95
    KatieNicole95 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Chickfila's Grilled Chicken Cool Wrap. Its REALLY big and it's 330 calories. I don't need a side with it, it's filling.
  • tamonkay
    tamonkay Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell chicken Power Menu Burrito is my current fav at $4 for 450 calories and 26g protein. That includes the cheese and sour cream, too, because this girl can't do fresco!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    FWIW hard tacos have less calories than soft tacos.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    crb426 wrote: »
    Yesterday I was left with less than 500 calories for dinner and no motivation to cook. Plus, not a lot of money to spend. I googled low-cal options at various fast food places and found the following suggestion at Taco Bell:

2 Fresco-style shredded chicken soft tacos (chicken, pico, lettuce, small flour tortilla)- 140 calories each
    1 side of rice and beans- 180 calories

Total: 460 calories (website estimation)

So I tried it. I put the side of rice and beans in each of the tacos, stuffing them to capacity. And Oh My God, it was delicious! And after eating it at 5:30 I was still full throughout the rest of the night until breakfast.

So, I'd love to hear about other low-cal fast food options that you have discovered and fallen in love with.

Nice "fast food hack"!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    This week I got a 6pc chicken nugget and half-size power chicken salad from Wendy's for 500 calories total.