Fast Food Finds

Options
2»

Replies

• laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Some Wendy's chili over a sour cream & chive baked potato is super filling. Thanks, fiber!
    Also, a Qdoba bowl or chicken & bean tacos for ~700 calories has lots of veggie, protein, and fiber and keeps me full for ages.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    If you like salads, McDonald's Southwest Salad with grilled chicken has a lot of flavor. It comes with a cilantro lime glaze on it that for me works as a dressing and is only 350 calories.
  • sweetjen8302
    sweetjen8302 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love the unwich from Jimmy Johns! That and a pickle is my go to!

• BrianneTC
    BrianneTC Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Can anyone help me figure out how to enter a food item into my food diary when I've eaten a grilled chicken sandwich from Wendy's with half the bun? Sorry, I know this probably isn't the right forum for this question, but since it's about fast food, I though maybe someone could help. Thanks!
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    BrianneTC wrote: »
    Can anyone help me figure out how to enter a food item into my food diary when I've eaten a grilled chicken sandwich from Wendy's with half the bun? Sorry, I know this probably isn't the right forum for this question, but since it's about fast food, I though maybe someone could help. Thanks!

Someone has most likely logged that food item without the bun. Log that, look up the difference in calories for the "full bun" option, split the difference and log those calories as a quick entry. Or, find a similar type prepackaged bun and log 1/2 of that.
  • scarla67
    scarla67 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You guessed it, Wendys chilli. Tastes good, fast, cheap, and easy
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Whataburger grilled chicken salad with herb vinnaigrette. I don't eat the croutons.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Wendy's power mediterranean chicken salad is very filling and flavorful. I use less salad dressing because there is so much flavor going on.
    Most burger places a regular burger with side salad and vinaigrette dressing and unsweetened tea is 400 calories or less.
    Subway- skipping the cheese, getting vinaigrette instead of mayo lowers calories. I like getting spinach instead of lettuce on my sandwich.
    Runza has the tastiest fast food grilled chicken sandwiches I have tried. Around 350-400 calories for a sandwich.
  • nhmom80
    nhmom80 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    A chicken burrito bowl from Chipotle. I just do brown rice, chicken, tomato and corn salsa and cheese and the estimator online comes up to 605 calories. I do add some extra though just in case. I don't add beans or anything else just because I don't like them.
  • jasondjulian
    jasondjulian Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I also modded the side of rice at Taco Bell once.. I added tomatoes and chicken to it (it came as the cubed chicken breast, not shredded). It was also awesome, although that and two- steak soft tacos fresco style ended up at around $8 and change... which is as much as a large Burger King combo meal.. so not very cost effective, but the whole meal came out to 455 calories.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Wendy's chili or Chick-Fil-A nuggets
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    My go-to is a Chick-Fil-A grilled sandwich (320 calories) . It's a huge sandwich. I pair that with a side salad (which I usually make a home...theirs has a bit too much iceburg lettuce for me.)

I'll have to try those Taco Bell tacos! I LOVE me some Taco Bell, but my kids turn up their noses at it (!) so I rarely get it.
  • kx4jtg
    kx4jtg Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is what I've found:

Taco Bell: A crunchy beef taco has 170 calories per the website. Without the shell, it's only 100 calories. I get 5 tacos, dump them in a bowl (ditch the shells), put some taco sauce on and eat it like a taco salad. Each taco added without the shell is 100 calories. 5 tacos w/no shell = 500 calories.

KFC: 2-pc grilled chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy, and green beans - 455 without biscuit/634 w buscuit

McDonald's: Artisan grilled chicken sandwich (345 or 330 plain), fruit and yogurt parfait - 49

Subway: 6" turkey and black forest ham on whole grain with pepper jack cheese, mustard, veggies - 320 (add a bag of baked lays for 130 calories) - 450 for sandwich plus chips

Moe's Southwest: Joey bag of donuts (burrito) with No Tortilla, chicken, black beans, lettuce, jalapenos, shredded cheese, salsa - 402

And just because we all participate in weekends, here are some low calorie/carb beers:

Corona Light - 99 calories, 5g carbs
    Amstel Light - 102 calories, 5.2g carbs
    Miller Light - 96 calories, 3.2g carbs
    Budweiser Select - 99 calories, 3.1g carbs
    Budweiser Select 55 - 55 calories, 1.8g carbs
    Michelob Ultra - 95 calories, 2.6g carbs

I hope everyone finds this helpful!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    kx4jtg wrote: »
    This is what I've found:

Taco Bell: A crunchy beef taco has 170 calories per the website. Without the shell, it's only 100 calories. I get 5 tacos, dump them in a bowl (ditch the shells), put some taco sauce on and eat it like a taco salad. Each taco added without the shell is 100 calories. 5 tacos w/no shell = 500 calories.

KFC: 2-pc grilled chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy, and green beans - 455 without biscuit/634 w buscuit

McDonald's: Artisan grilled chicken sandwich (345 or 330 plain), fruit and yogurt parfait - 49

Subway: 6" turkey and black forest ham on whole grain with pepper jack cheese, mustard, veggies - 320 (add a bag of baked lays for 130 calories) - 450 for sandwich plus chips

Moe's Southwest: Joey bag of donuts (burrito) with No Tortilla, chicken, black beans, lettuce, jalapenos, shredded cheese, salsa - 402

And just because we all participate in weekends, here are some low calorie/carb beers:

Corona Light - 99 calories, 5g carbs
    Amstel Light - 102 calories, 5.2g carbs
    Miller Light - 96 calories, 3.2g carbs
    Budweiser Select - 99 calories, 3.1g carbs
    Budweiser Select 55 - 55 calories, 1.8g carbs
    Michelob Ultra - 95 calories, 2.6g carbs

I hope everyone finds this helpful!

Never heard of or seen the Budweiser Select! 55 calories?! Have you tried it? I wonder what the taste is like. When I drink beers I usually stick w/ Mich Ultra.
  • kx4jtg
    kx4jtg Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Never heard of or seen the Budweiser Select! 55 calories?! Have you tried it? I wonder what the taste is like. When I drink beers I usually stick w/ Mich Ultra.[/quote]

I had a hard time finding the Select 55, but did find some in the grocery store. I tried it this weekend, it's really not for me. I'd say if you like Mich Ultra you won't like Bud select 55. It's pretty watery and bland, but for 55 calories, I had to try it!
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I had 2 McDonald's cheeseburgers the other day. 200 calories each, 400 calories out the door. BOOM!

IIFYM... ;)
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    briscogun wrote: »
    I had 2 McDonald's cheeseburgers the other day. 200 calories each, 400 calories out the door. BOOM!

IIFYM... ;)

I kinda love those things LOL
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I love several sandwiches from subway. My favorite is tuna, no cheese, all veggies is 480 calories and very filling to me.
  • rager2sharp
    rager2sharp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    McDonalds grilled chicken bacon salad with half the packet of ranch. I’m a little obsessed with it.