Team D'Terminators Week 2 Kick Butt August Challenge (Closed

Options

Replies

• HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    So I did my swimmer presses and my extra mile for today. I also did 2 extra miles toward the group 100 miles challenge. So mark me down for those 2. Altogether 6 miles walked today and 50 simmer presses. I'm beat!
  • megabux
    megabux Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    August 9th Wk 2 Day 2: 50 swimmers presses-DONE (actually did 100) extra mile-DONE Bonus Team Challenge Miles-1 (5 total so far)
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm finally checking in from vacation this weekend!

I finished Monday's challenge - 50 squat kicks. Which, after running a half marathon on Sunday was quite challenging, lol.

Today's challenge is done. 50 swimmer presses using 10 lb weights and 1 extra mile!
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Here's my recipe for the week too!!

Beef and Mushroom Dijon

Spray large skillet w/ Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    Sautee 3 cans mushrooms (or 1 pint of fresh mushroom pieces) (and onions if you add them) for 5 – 7 min; pour into bowl
    Spray skillet with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    Brown 1 lb Beef Loin Top Sirloin Boneless Steak; drain excess fat
    Pour in 1 can 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup, ½ cup water, 8 teaspoons Dijon mustard. Add in mushrooms (and onions) and stir
    Serve over rice

Makes 4 servings
    Nutrition Per Serving: 462 calories (this includes the 1 serving of rice (2/3 cup cooked)
    45g carbs
    12g fat
    43g protein
    1272mg sodium (if you use canned mushrooms - less than half of that if you use fresh mushrooms)
  • RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    Options
    Today's challenges done.
  • marlabelle
    marlabelle Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow D'Terminators!

Daily Challenge(s) + 2 miles for the 100 are done. Under cals & at 64 on H20.

Have a fabulous day tomorrow!
  • xcbballuver
    Options
    challenges done and 1 mile is done
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Kick squats done, over water, under calories (are we still reporting those this week?), no extra miles yet, but I'll definitely get a few done tomorrow.
    Goodnight all!

No water & cal's were last week's challenge, no longer need to report these.
    Really? Huh, my bad....seems like that would be important to make sure you do it everyday. Oh well...I was under the impression that we had to report those in addition to the 100 miles and the recipe, not as a replacement, guess I should read more carefully next time...:/

Don't get me wrong, it's important!! BUT... it's hard to expect 500 people to be under calories Every day for 31 days... especially since there are a lot of vacations in August.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    My challenges are finished for today. 2 miles and 50 mountain climbers and 50 crunches. I am hoping to add 2 more miles if my schedule allows me to tonight! I will PM if I add an extra 2 to the tally. Have a great day all!!!! OH and I weighed myself today and am already down 2 pounds for the week...but Im gonna keep working hard and save it for weigh in on SUN!
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Today's challenges done. 50 mountain climbers, 50 crunches, and 4 extra miles walking (in addition to the 4 miles I'm running tonight). Have a great day everyone! :)
  • Emerald5152
    Options
    Here's my recipe. It's a recipe of my own so it's not very precise but it's tasty!

Tuna muffins:

2 English muffins (full muffins so 4 halves total)
    1 6.4 oz tuna pouch (in water)
    Butter or butter substitute
    4 slices of mozzarella or provolone cheese
    4 large tomato slices (optional)

Butter English muffins.
    (optional step): top muffins with tomato slices.
    Next add 1/4 of tuna to each muffin.
    Top each muffin with a slice of cheese.

Microwave muffins until the cheese is mostly melted (usually about 2-3 min.)
    You could also heat them in the toaster oven or under the broiler but I've never done it that way so I'm not sure how long or what temp.

This recipe serves 2 and makes a good easy lunch or quick dinner. These are great served with a nice side salad.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    D'Terminator's here is our daily bonus challenge ....if your up for the challenge let's add 100 Toe Touches & 20 Sun Salutations to our daily challenge ....Bonus Challenges are OPTIONAL and do not accrue points.. if you want the extra challenge, bring it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuvfHTaftLQ

Thank you to Kerri & Lore112 for the bonus challenges!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    D'Terminator's here is our daily bonus challenge ....if your up for the challenge let's add 100 Toe Touches & 20 Sun Salutations to our daily challenge ....Bonus Challenges are OPTIONAL and do not accrue points.. if you want the extra challenge, bring it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuvfHTaftLQ

Thank you to Kerri & Lore112 for the bonus challenges!
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    Day 2 was complete - Had a rough night last night and wasn't able to post it but I completed all challenges, etc..

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches* + 50 Mountain Climbers - Complete - NOTE: I do mountain climbers on a slight incline (the belly keeps me from doing it completely on the ground lol - so I did 75)
    1 extra mile done
    2.5 extra miles for our 200 for the week done...
    Water at 96oz (a little low)

cross your fingers on calories - haven't tracked ANY calorie burn from exercise - will try to track tonight, but I *might* be over for the day (2,800 maintenance, 1,760 goal - I'm at 1,710 for the day lol)

C.J.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    D'Terminator's for those of you with bad knee's, if you need an alternative to mountain climbers try these:

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/abdominalcorestrength1/qt/Bicycle_Crunch.htm
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Ok so I did my 50 crunches, I did my 50 mountain climbers, I also did the side challenge that is worth no points but just for kicks. 100 toe touches. Sorry no sun salutations for me...Sorry, maybe when Im a little thinner I will get those down! lol

I did 4 extra miles today for the 100 challenge. We are all doing FANTASTIC!!!!
  • megabux
    Options
    August 10th Week 2 Day 3: 50 crunches-DONE 50 mountain climbers-DONE 100 toe touches-DONE 20 sun salutations-DONE extra mileage for team challenge:2 (7 total so far)

We are really going now, way to go everyone! So proud of you all:D
  • RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    Options
    50 crunches done, 50 bicycle crunches done, 3 team miles walked, under calories, over water...I think that's all I was supposed to do today...LOL. :)
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, here's my total for the day:
    4 mile walk (extra for challenge)
    Challenge: 50 (per side) mountain climbers, 50 crunches
    .75 mile walk (extra for challenge)
    3.85 mile run (scheduled run for today)
    Bonus Challenge: 20 sun salutations, 100 toe touches

Looks like everyone's working hard! Way to go!
  • megabux
    Options
    50 crunches done, 50 bicycle crunches done, 3 team miles walked, under calories, over water...I think that's all I was supposed to do today...LOL. :)
    what about your mtn climbers?