Water Consumption Counter: One Glass = How many ml of water?

Options
Hi there,

Just started using this tracking system and I'm extremely impressed so far. I could not believe it was free and better than any other app (that I've paid for!)

I am a stickler for accuracy and I'm trying to work out how many ml of water is considered "one glass" through MyFitnessPal's counter system for glasses per day? I generally drink 2 x 1lt bottles of water per day.

Any assistance is appreciated,

Thanks,

D

Replies

• tracer15
    Options
    I dont know how to use the water tracker . . . I keep hitting the arrows and it doesn't move.
  • LMStark
    LMStark Posts: 150
    Options
    Welcome! One cup of water is equal to 237 ml. Hope this helps. :smile:
  • BethGorton
    Options
    I usually say about 250ml is 1 cup.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    In Australia 1 cup = 250ml. So 2lt a day = 8 cups.
  • destreich
    Options
    lmstark / kr3851, BethGordon

Thanks all, this is the only thing that may need to be listed (for the less measure-conscious starter newbs like myself) ;) otherwise this site is pretty damned perfect.
  • iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    The water tracker on here is for 8 oz or 1 cup of water=1 glass. 4 cups of water=1 litre. Hope that helps.
  • destreich
    Options
    tracer15, you most likely need to install Java ( http://www.java.com/en/download/ ). Also make sure your internet browser is up to date and I'd recommend using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome with adblock plus installed. (links below)

http://www.google.com/chrome/
    http://adblockplus.org/en/chrome

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/fx/
    http://adblockplus.org/en/

Hope this helps,

D

Source: Ex-Google Staff Super IT Guru
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    A standard cup measure is different in different parts of the world (8 oz, 237ml, 250 ml)
    It's only an estimate anyway and everyones' water requirement is different.
    Stick with your 2l a day and you'll be fine!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I think MFP works on a cup being 8 oz - which works out to 250ml..... That is the goal I work towards.......
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I never noticed it having an actual unit of measurement. So, whatever cup size I use (mine happens to be 24 oz) is one glass for me.
  • charliethomp21
    Options
    Welcome! One cup of water is equal to 237 ml. Hope this helps. :smile:

Thank you :D
  • DavidBrannigan
    Options
    Thanks!!
    I was wondering that myself.
  • MrsWells1983
    MrsWells1983 Posts: 160
    Options
    In Australia 1 cup = 250ml. So 2lt a day = 8 cups.

^^This :D
  • davehaldane3
    Options
    Thanks for the answers guys. I mark off a glass each time I drink a 600mL bottle but it looks like I should be marking off two per bottle instead.

I think myFitnessPal left it purposefully ambiguous as the water consumption requirements vary per person depending on your sex, weight, activity, etc.

The medical average is actually around 3 litres for a healthy male and 2.2 litres for a healthy female. 8 cups equates to around 2 litres but is usually regarded as an acceptable average as you're getting water from other things you consume over the course of a day as well.
  • lainie644
    lainie644 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    There is 236.59 ml in one 8 ounce glass/cup of water, soda, tea, coffee(American Standard)
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    How does this debate keep happening??

It is not a 'glass' of water, it is a CUP of water. A cup is a unit of measurement that is 250ml. You imperial measuring folks translate this to 8 fl oz as this is the closest round number.

As for how much water you should take in each day (the real question here), don't focus blindly on an arbitrary number. Do what works for your body. A better measure is to look at the colour of your pee. You should have 4-5 clear urinations per day, that is the sign of a good level of hydration.

The ideal would be to sip on water throughout the day if your job/schedule allows, but just get in what you body needs.

FYI - cos these threads always go down this route, other fluid intake - even coffee - counts to your fluid intake. Again it is important to reinforce, just look at how your body responds and adjust your intake accordingly.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    everyone's hydration needs are different. instead of focusing on "zomg i need Xoz. of teh waterz each day" just drink enough water so your urine is colorless or slightly yellow. that means you're hydrated.
  • sharminafroz1
    Options
    hi
    i want lose 13 kg weight..doing exercise 5 days a week for about 75-80 mnts ...its been one mnth..bt still no chnage..wht shud i do..any one can suggest me anything?
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    250ml, or nearly 1/2 a pint :)