SUPPLEMENTS

Options
Okay so I know for some it may be a waste of money but I find that they do help with proper use such as exercise and diet... I’m currently taking these weightloss pills by Evlution Nutrition called Transform it’s a thermogenic I have question for some of you who either are on same boat as me or helpful advice cause I read the bottle and I didn’t see CLA on there so since I have a bottle of that too by Beatancourt I’m wondering if it’s safe to take both without accidentally killing myself... or if the supplements are basically the same thing?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Take neither...they're worthless.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Did you try examine.com to see if you could find the answer there?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    How are they helping you?

Second vote for taking neither.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    In what way are they supposed to help that a reduced calorie intake and exercise do not?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    https://www.ted.com/talks/james_randi/transcript?nolanguage=ja?utm_source=tedcomshare

If there were enough active ingredient it would have to be regulated. Never underestimate the power of placebo however.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If they help with (but not without) exercise and diet, shouldn't that be enough to tell you something?
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I haven't taken either of those brands but the way I had thermogenics explained to me was that they help you burn off about a meals worth of extra calories a month. So about 500-700 calories in a month, that really isn't much of anything and definitely not worth the money (to me at least). While I have not verified these claims (more because I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt that they work in the first place) and I have tried them in the past I just don't think they are worth the money or risk (I listen to my stomach a lot and most upset my stomach).

If you are worries about the safety then I would second examine.com as well but it you need to be worried about the safety is it something you should be doing in the first place?
  • Cassidy95c
    Cassidy95c Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    For me they’ve helped with the energy part so I’m able to keep up with my weightloss journey. I’m very busy ,full time Mom with 9 month baby, full time job and also going to college full time... it’s tough but I manage and I don’t want to be full of excuses not to workout because I’m always tired so I don’t want that to ruin anything
  • Cassidy95c
    Options
    Ps. I don’t like coffee either
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Cassidy95c wrote: »

There are other sources of caffeine than coffee. Caffeine pills I imagine would be cheaper than what you're buying.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

If any of those "energy" or "thermogenic" supplements work, it's because of caffeine. I would hesitate taking multiple types because supplements aren't regulated so you just have to hope that what the label says is all that's in there.

If you need the energy and don't like coffee, I'd finish up the thermogenic and then buy caffeine pills going forward. You have to watch the energy pills with several ingredients because you never know how you are going to react to any of the other "herbal" ingredients or how much is in one pill over the other. Better safe than sorry!
  • Cassidy95c
    Options

There are other sources of caffeine than coffee. Caffeine pills I imagine would be cheaper than what you're buying.
    I guess your right just the way they market “fatburning” in the bottle made it feel like a bonus :D
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10651353/supplementing

You got the same answers in your other, nearly identical thread you posted an hour and a half later.

Most supplements are woo, a waste of money and will do nothing beneficial for weight loss other than make your wallet lighter.

As others have suggested in both threads, go to examine.com and read up on any supplement that catches your eye or tempts you to waste money. It's an unbiased, science-based review site that cuts through all the diet industry BS and tells the truth about supplements.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Based on both threads, you seem to just want to believe what you want to believe. Most of the items you've posted about, BCAAs, thermogenics, are useless. You will do what you choose but don't rationalize the facts. Neither have any beneficial effect.