Anyone ever tried HCG drops?

Options
2»

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Oh my freakin goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PANTSSSSSSSSSS...PANTS, PANTS PANTS PANTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS..GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..WHEW..I feel so much better now..*sigh*

OMG... :heart:
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Oh my freakin goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PANTSSSSSSSSSS...PANTS, PANTS PANTS PANTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS..GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..WHEW..I feel so much better now..*sigh*

:drinker:
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

Pee pants?
  • klabeau
    klabeau Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I wasn't planning on only eating the 500 calories a day as that diet goes. I'm going to stick with what I was doing, but considered adding the drops along with my regular routine. Just wanted to hear from others who have maybe tried it.

On a side not. I didn't realize there was a "search" function on here. Lesson learned by getting my head bitten off!!!

Yes, they can be very rude and ugly on here. Sorry you are having a bad experience from posting your question. It's like they turn into children instead of just saying, "no, i'm against hcg."
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Options
    It's made from pregnant lady pee.

That's it, I'm sold.

*barf*puke*vomit*
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I wasn't planning on only eating the 500 calories a day as that diet goes. I'm going to stick with what I was doing, but considered adding the drops along with my regular routine. Just wanted to hear from others who have maybe tried it.

On a side not. I didn't realize there was a "search" function on here. Lesson learned by getting my head bitten off!!!

The drops don't work. The reason people lose weight is because of the restricted diet. So, don't waste your money if you're going to keep doing what you're already doing. If you're already eating right and adding in exercise, you'll do fine.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    "...restrict your diet to 500 calories a day (which sounds low, but you should not be hungry if you are eating right."

:huh:
  • HellYesHaley
    Options
    Actually, the HCG drops DO work. They're super nasty, though. You really shouldn't do the drops without the restricted diet, though. You're not supposed to eat any oils and you're not even supposed to use shampoos, conditioners or lotions with oils in them! You're supposed to basically skip breakfast and "drink as much coffee or tea as you want, sweetened only with stevia!" (Gee, thanks.) For lunch, you have a piece of melba toast, 100 grams of lean protein, one approved fruit and one approved vegetable. For dinner, you do the same except for the melba toast. The drops have been proven to make people lose "abnormal fat", which just means excess fat that you don't need. The restricted diet is to jumpstart the weightloss, but also to ensure that your body absorbs the hcg correctly.

My mother and sister did this diet, that's why I know!
  • kwolf2011
    Options
    Hi,

I have a friend who recently tried it and she said she lost about 15 pounds. However, I agree with other posts, it's a quick fix. Plus, when the 30 days of dieting wrap up and you return to eating normally, the weight will most likely come back. I don't think it is healthy to only consume 500 calories/day. My friend who did it barely worked out. You'll be tired, get headaches and it may disrupt your menstrual cycle, etc. Alot of times, when a person doesn't eat enough their body may go into starvation mode and hoard the calories instead of burning them. Losing weight can be slow :( however, when you lose it through healthy eating and working out (feel-good endorphines are released during a workout), you'll feel more accomplished and maintaining the weight loss will be way much easier :)

I know you've gotten alot of replies, but hopefully they've been helpful! Ultimately, you need to do what's good for you and in your best interest!

"Beauty is not defined by the size of your jeans." - Liv Tyler :)
  • Rapvnzle
    Options
    I've posted about these drops before, and wanted to share that I'm an HCG both success and failure story. I lost 40 lbs early last year..within a 3 month period. 13 of those lbs were within the first week! Sadly enough though almost passed out at work, and my hair started to fall out.. (thank heavens it has since grown back). From what I've read and see on Dr Oz... The drops provide a placebo affect.. Of course u don't feel hungry after not eating for a few days...not 2 mention after u have done the recommended gorging in phase 1. It was too good to be true! I can't say the same about the HCG injections...but the drops are basically water with some alcohol in it. If it were true HCG....it would have a short shelf life...would be required to be refrigerated... And the alcohol in the water would kill any HCG that was present. I swore by these drops, lived the strict diet plan...(yes I ate Melba toasts...and grissini breadsticks). This is NOT a good idea...it hurts your metabolism...and u become a shaky mess! Just say NO....and do it the right way the first time...
  • MissB0949
    MissB0949 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I tried them a couple of times. The weight fell off but I could not stay well. I would go off the diet every time I got sick and just yo-yo'd until I finally had enough. I am not a sickly person and it was obvious that I was doing something that was not good for me. Huge waste of money and I am now heavier than when I started taking the HCG. Healthy diet and exercise is the only way to go.
  • andison
    andison Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I' ve done it 2x. Ended up getting a CT scan because of the pain in my kidney area. Won't ever touch it again.
  • Dave351
    Dave351 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    There's a bunch of uses for HCG but weight lose should not be one of them. KarinCakes was correct about what composes HCG. Many steroid users take HCG at the end of their cycles to promote testical start-up. Any of the lose weight fast gimmicks are just that...gimmicks. And potentially dangerous gimmicks. The best weight lose plan is to eat a balanced healthy diet and put the work in! Get plenty of exercise and lose weight gradually over a period of time. Most if not all "get rich quick" plans are destined for failure!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Most if not all "get rich quick" plans are destined for failure!

unless you're the salesman, in which case you can laugh all the way to the bank :laugh:
  • Dave351
    Dave351 Posts: 45 Member
    Options

unless you're the salesman, in which case you can laugh all the way to the bank :laugh:

Soooooooo true!!!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

Or a pregnant lady. That's my plan. Get knocked up and sell my urine on the black market.

On a more serious note, this is from the Mayo Clinic:
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hcg-diet/AN02091
  • emmaldownie
    emmaldownie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I may be being completely ignorant here, but HCG is the hormone that is present in early pregnancy yes?

Do you not mimic pregnancy symptoms?
  • iluvtosing2u
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who replied (and was polite to me anyway). I've decided against them. I'm just going to stick with the hard work I've been doing. Thank you all though!! :-)