Favorite add in to cottage cheese ?

Options

Replies

• Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Actually ate some combined with PB2, cashews, & pistachios earlier...so much delicious fat
  • KaleiAlanaSmith
    KaleiAlanaSmith Posts: 133 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    My FAVORITE way to eat cottage cheese is this!!!

Toast some bread, add desired amount of cottage cheese on the toast, sprinkle cinnamon on top and drizzle on honey. IT'S SO GOOD!!

I also like some of these other posts. I'll try those soon too!!
  • smallsteps2success
    smallsteps2success Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Avocado. Actually, I halve the avocado and put a scoop of cottage cheese into the hole where the seed was. So, I guess it's actually an add-in to the avocado (sometimes sprinkle a little black pepper on top). Either way, I find it's delicious! Enjoy! =)
  • shandy82165
    shandy82165 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the entire thread so this may be a repeat, but I like triscuits and cottage cheese. Nothing added. I usually like the plain triscuits, but a flavored variety would be good also.
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Bacon bits
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I normally eat it with cherry tomatoes or grilled zucchini and crackers
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I sooo have to jump into this fray!

1) being a native New Yorker, may I just say that cottage cheese as a substitute for ricotta cheese in lasagna is a travesty.

2) what are "both kinds of pickles"?? There are three main categories - dill, sour and sweet - and numerous varieties of each.

3) just to prove I'm normal, I will tell you all that I used to mix baked beans into my cottage cheese when I was a kid, but I haven't eaten cottage cheese in years.
  • curlygirlusn
    curlygirlusn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Preserves or black pepper
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I really love to whip my cottage cheese with the stick blender. Lately my new love is cottage cheese whipped with 2 T PB2, a bit of sweetener and maple or rum extract, a 1/4 tsp. I also love it whipped with frozen but thawed strawberries (I process them first before I add it to the cottage cheese) and a bit of sweetener.
  • Teddykoda
    Teddykoda Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like mixing it with hot pepper jelly or raspberries and almonds. Also good with honey or agave syrup.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I like to add drained/rinsed black beans.
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit and a handful of raisins. Ymmmmm!
  • parjolka
    parjolka Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs,olives,ham, cucumber,peppers, scallion, tomatoes some vinegar and oregano and that is a salad ,cheers!
  • Cbkkata
    Cbkkata Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    kemoon0915 wrote: »
    I like to use Pineapple tidbits

Same
  • 1CW87
    1CW87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    pita7317 wrote: »
    My norm canned mandarin oranges or pears. Looking for something different. Thanks for any ideas.

I like cutting up fresh strawberries or cantaloupe and putting in mine.

I know some people who put tomato slices on theirs...
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    My go to fruit for cottage cheese is pineapples. I've tried apples and it works, but pineapples just taste better to me.
  • chrissy201509
    chrissy201509 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Pineapple !!!
  • piercedanatomy
    piercedanatomy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I add tomatoes with salt and pepper
  • 808kuualoha
    808kuualoha Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Might sound weird... but sugar free lime jello powder & pineapple pieces. Oddly good. Make sure pineapple is in juice, not syrup, if you use canned. Optional: You can also add chopped nuts of your choice for added texture.
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    apricots and dates with a dash of honey