very first NSV! take THAT plateau!

Options
jocemorg
jocemorg Posts: 26 Member
Fellow MFPers! I have celebrated your NSVs for the past 6 months, and now I am super stoked to say that it is finally MY day!! :)

I have been scrounging trying to come up with "before" pictures, and I realized that I never kept any (accurate) "fat" pictures of myself! So here's me in my work pants that I bought at the beginning of summer, because they were my size at the time.

me_skinny.jpg

YES!!! This has me so pumped up because I've been plateauing for the past month and a half, and I FINALLY broke it just last week. But if I'd known my body was doing THIS all that time... well... maybe I wouldn't have been so down on myself. ;)

Keep going, guys! Thanks for the encouragement! :)

Replies

• YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Great work!!! I'm happy for you!! Soon those will fall right down! :D

Your stomach is beautiful!! Way to go! :smile:
  • jrp31
    jrp31 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hooray! WTG! :)
  • LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! What finally broke your plateau?
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Seriously, you rock!!!!
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    well done, thats a gr8 pic 4 motivating urself and others. How did u get out ur plateau?
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I love that you stuck with it and rode out the plateau.....it is so tough to do! Congratulations!
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    Awesome!!! Keep up the great work!!
  • clhiter
    clhiter Posts: 74
    Options
    This is outrageously awesome. great job and keep on going
  • jocemorg
    Options
    Awesome!!! What finally broke your plateau?

Honestly, I don't know exactly what did it. I think it was introducing strength training. I was strictly doing 30 minutes of cardio (elliptical) 3 or 4 days a week, then plateaued. When I researched about it there was a lot about either (1) increasing your food intake to mess with your body's metabolism, or (2) increase your amount of exercise and strength train. So I raised my cardio to 1 hour and, for days I only felt like doing 30 minutes, I started doing squats, lunges, planks, crunches, bicep curls, etc.

But even after that it still took a while for my body to finally start responding. I'm definitely not losing as fast as I was before, but something's better than nothing, and nothing's better than gaining. :)

**Oh, and WATER!! I never drank water, just coffee and diet soda usually. I bought a fun water bottle from Target to keep at work so I make sure I'm constantly hydrated throughout the day.
  • nataliarunes
    Options
    Good job, how did you break your plateau?
  • jkcools
    jkcools Posts: 66
    Options
    Abs, looking sexy!! Keep rocking on.
  • jocemorg
    Options
    Hahaha! You're too sweet! Thanks ya'll! :)
  • MissBellatrix116
    MissBellatrix116 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good Job!!
  • JahavFuel
    JahavFuel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good job! Abs are looking good! What is an "NSV"?
    I've been on a plateau for about a month and a half. I need to hit the weights!
    Keep up the good work.
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • jocemorg
    Options
    Good job! Abs are looking good! What is an "NSV"?
    I've been on a plateau for about a month and a half. I need to hit the weights!
    Keep up the good work.

"NSV" is a non-scale victory. ;)
    Keep working through that plateau! Change your diet/workout routine up if you need to. It's just something your body does, so kick its butt and show it who's boss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!