Anyone not on the keto diet.

Options
Seems like everyone is on the keto diet. I did it and got great results but my liver enzymes, and cholesterol went through the roof. So I’m just counting calories. I’m not going crazy over counting but just the added effort of having to log everything I eat tends to help me lose weight and I’m working out of course. So the old decrease calorie and exercise is all I am going for. Any friends that are good with that and a little friendly messaging back and forth to stay motivated are welcome ;)

Replies

• Mickey1Ward
    Mickey1Ward Posts: 11 Member
    Options
  • CrystalLFit
    CrystalLFit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    No keto here. I have a healthy relationship with food and understand nutrition.

However, it's a tool that I could use in the future when done properly (short term and intelligently designed).
  • MishellKay
    MishellKay Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Nope, not on Keto. I am doing exactly what you are... counting calories and exercising. So far, I am happy and feel a ton better!
  • escalada22
    escalada22 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    No keto here....two other office mates at work are but I am counting calories which works best for me!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I see why you might have asked the question. :) It seems a member bumped about the last 25 keto threads (to provide the link to a couple of MFP keto forums) so there is a huge string of "keto topics" in sequence in the Introduce Yourself Forum.

Carry on.
  • Laurahenson29
    Laurahenson29 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    No keto here! I eat clean.. count calories and exercise. I motivate and love to be motivated. Add me, I'm a daily user.
  • shenanigans_
    shenanigans_ Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I agree, hells no to the Keto. Add me up :)
  • kdpotter
    kdpotter Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am not on Keto. I do try to make sure and eat lots of protein. Focusing on calories and overall trying to eat clean (cutting out the processed crap)! Would love to connect.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Yes it seems that I've forgotten a few!
    Whatever diet that the Kardashians are doing is definitely the fad of the week! If Kim Kardashian wears a waist trainer, we see 5889+4 threads. If Khloe goes vegan 4 threads about it. If Kourtney does keto + IF + Vegan we see 5788 threads about it
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I could never do keto. I am not a big vegetable fan even though I do like many of them raw or in smoothies and I have a hard time eating much meat. Just regular calorie counting for me.