Best walking sneakers?

Options
JessicaHR13
JessicaHR13 Posts: 1 Member
Need a recommendation for walking sneakers? I have been wearing New Balance but my knees and lower back have been hurting, time to try something else.

Replies

• RoyalTenenbaum
    RoyalTenenbaum Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I second Motorsheen's suggestion. Find a shop for runners. They'll put you on a treadmill to see how you walk. Be honest with them when trying on shoes to let them know how they feel. I bought Nike cross trainers because I liked how they looked. After running with them for a week, I noticed more pain than usual. The running shop got me into a pair of Asics after checking out how I ran. That made all the difference in the world.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I wear sketchers for walking, super comfy
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I’ve always worn running shoes for walking. I’ve become a fan of the Ghost model from Brooks.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I was a New Balance fanatic for years and years, but now I honestly prefer walking in Keen sandals like the Newport H2 style. I've walked hundreds of miles in my (many) Keens, and I love that they are comfortable on all terrain and can be worn with thick hiking socks in winter.

I know that's not gonna be the answer for everyone, but I regularly do hikes and walks in these and my feet never hurt at all. When I throw on Asics or New Balance I notice a little shin pain sometimes if I walk for more than 1 hour.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I second sketchers. Try a few on first though, they're all different.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Champion Gusto Trainer, feels like walking on clouds.
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I’ve always worn running shoes for walking. I’ve become a fan of the Ghost model from Brooks.

I tried the Ghost model & they are good, but you'll have to pry the Brooks Glycerine model from my cold dead feet. I have orthopedic inserts & it's tough to find a good shoe with a neutral instep.

• Ron_in_NC
    Ron_in_NC Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Mr_L33 wrote: »
    I really like the Adidas pureboost x. They aren’t the cutest sneaks imo, so I only use them for working out but they are super comfortable.

oh ya fancy some adidas, yeh?

Please tell you’re not team Nike.

I was gonna say Nike, but after reading the above post, I started backspacing my sentence! So erase-erase-erase!
  • thynes1313
    thynes1313 Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I love my Brooks... went to a local place for runners and they did a professional fitting for me. Made a world of diffference!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,500 Member
    Options
    thynes1313 wrote: »
    I love my Brooks... went to a local place for runners and they did a professional fitting for me. Made a world of diffference!

Brooks are great, I like the brooks adrenaline; it's a great stability shoe.

Also..... the new Reebok crossfit nano 8 ( not the 7) is awesome for training.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Ron_in_NC wrote: »
    I really like the Adidas pureboost x. They aren’t the cutest sneaks imo, so I only use them for working out but they are super comfortable.

I was gonna say Nike, but after reading the above post, I started backspacing my sentence! So erase-erase-erase!

Nike are good beer drinking shoes.
  • Ron_in_NC
    Ron_in_NC Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Maybe that's why I think they wear so well!
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Maybe that's why I think they wear so well!

There you have it.

Mad Respext.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    I walked 32 miles in two days in NYC in a pair of Easy Spirit Romy and both they and my feet held up fine. I also like them for work at my stand up desk.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I have high insoles. So much so that some shoes give me a blister on the top of my foot (Sketchers, mostly). Easy Spirits and Merrells are my go to shoes. I can usually find cheap Easy Spirits at places like Marhsalls and Ross Dress for Less. The Merrells are never cheap.

I just bought a pair of Merrell trail glove 4 and I love them so much I went back and bought a second color. They are marketed as minimalist, but they have enough support for me, even though most of my walking is on concrete and asphalt.
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    JBApplebee wrote: »

I tried the Ghost model & they are good, but you'll have to pry the Brooks Glycerine model from my cold dead feet. I have orthopedic inserts & it's tough to find a good shoe with a neutral instep.

Actually, my current pair I decided to give the Revel a try. Can’t feel any difference. I love their free shipping and 90 day trial. Not that I’ve ever needed to return any.