I’m NEW, Name’s Matt, & I need help losing this ‘Fat Body’

Hi, my name is Matt. I’m new to this app.

My issue is, I’ve always been in pretty good shape until about this past year. A couple years ago I was in the gym 5 days a week, had very strict eating habits and fitness was my life. But, someone along the way, I hit my peak and I started to decline. My eating habits changed and I started to eat out almost every day as well as ate late at night. I currently weight 266 Lbs. This is the heaviest I’ve ever been in my life. Currently, I struggle with getting back in the groove of things and figured I would reach out on here. My sugar intake is wayyy too high being as I drink about 5-7 soft drinks a day. I need help! Advice! Friends! Anything! Please help me! I’m unhappy with myself but I’m finding it hard to change. Thanks!

Replies

• sschauer513
    sschauer513 Posts: 313 Member
    Slow and steady wins the race. Just start slow changing to better way change your soft drink out to a zero calorie one or low cal one or water would be even better is first change I would think be easy. Slowly start eating healthy and after time becomes habit and not that big of deal. If you have time to workout great if not don't sweat it it's the calories in that matter most.
  • JewRob63
    JewRob63 Posts: 47 Member
    It takes time. The closer you get to the goal weight the slower the body takes to burn it off.
  • suerlewis2
    suerlewis2 Posts: 126 Member
    Hiya! Hey, if you were in the gym and had strict eating habits - you already know the answer! The key here is finding your motivation, you already know the exercise and nutrition stuff. Figure out what changed in your life when you "hit your peak" and work from there. Good to meet you !
  • M_Shay2414
    M_Shay2414 Posts: 63 Member
    Thank you for the advice! If you have any other useful info I’m def open ears
  • logantransdude
    logantransdude Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! It took awhile but I went from 200 pounds to 187. I found eating out less and walking more a big help. I am 32 years old left my abusive parents and had to do a total lifestyle change. Best wishes on reaching your goals!