MOODY

Options
I am doing fine,losing weight slowly which is fine. I have lost 10 kgs since last November, sticking to the 1200 calories a day...I am never hungry or feel like sweets or cheat food. I sleep well BUT I feel a bit moody and lack motivation to do anything much..I am not really lacking energy just have to force myself to do things...

Replies

• suerlewis2
    suerlewis2 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    First thing: I'm no expert or professional.
    Couple of theories: Winter blues, lacking certain nutrients, or perhaps need a doctors advice - depression can be debilitating. I hope for the easiest of outcomes for you. Keep posting, it will feel better to sound off here than struggle on your own.
    Many congrats on the weight loss - well done, nice job.
  • mainelizabeth1963
    mainelizabeth1963 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    thank you. I dont feel depressed though. I had depression many years ago and it doesnt feel like that. I just feel LAZY...I have been googling for hours with no success so thought I would just mention it on here
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Also could you be over doing exercise? are you taking rest days? burn out is a thing and it happens (been there done that!)
  • mainelizabeth1963
    Options
    I very rarely exercise..see how lazy I am. I would like to lose another 5kgs but am in no hurry. My Dr is happy as I had high blood pressure and cholesterol but I havent seen her since I have been feeling LAZY..
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    So that's just over 10lbs. At this stage you need to be aiming for 0.5lb a week so that will up your calories and you will find things improving again. Plus it'll get your mindset prepared better for maintenance.
  • mainelizabeth1963
    Options
    thank you ,I will give that a go
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I find that if I don't eat enough my mind gets fuzzy. It's hard to organize myself and all I need to do. So I eat more and it goes away.
  • ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Do you know what your maintenance calories are for your goal weight? Maybe try inputting them and eating your goal maintenance calories and see how you make out. You should still lose slowly but perhaps the extra calories would help. Best wishes to you as you continue your journey :)
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you need to get out and do something?

Endorphins from exercise are real. They've kept me going thru a long, cold Cdn winter. :)

I'm not suggesting you climb mtns or anything.... just get the heart pumping a bit.

Get out and go for a walk ? :):)
  • mainelizabeth1963
    Options
    I think you are right..I need to force myself to get out and take the poor dog for a walk, its only just started in autumn where I live and the weather is still nice...
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I have two suggestions. Get one of those mind teaser apps and test your mental acuity daily. If your mind is slipping eat more. I suggest something fatty like a nut butter or cheese. This will give your brain steady energy.

The second is to get more active. A twenty minute walk earns you a cookie. Extra activity should improve your energy level.
  • suerlewis2
    suerlewis2 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I think you are right..I need to force myself to get out and take the poor dog for a walk, its only just started in autumn where I live and the weather is still nice...

Oh what a cute idea, go for a walk!. You wont notice the exercise, your dog will love you, you'll be hungry when you get back, it'll be beautiful views, I cant see an downsides to this idea??? Good luck, let us know how it turns out. xx
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options

I go for a walk every day at lunch. There's a beautiful nature reserve 5 minutes from my work..... beautiful paths.

But even that can get boring day after day.

I've found a couple of AWESOME podcasts that keep me going:

We're Alive
    The Walk

I only listen to them when I go for a walk. They are like old time radio drama cliffhangers with modern theme's.

Sometimes I get out just so I can see what is going to happen next. :)

• Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    bikecheryl wrote: »

I go for a walk every day at lunch. There's a beautiful nature reserve 5 minutes from my work..... beautiful paths.

But even that can get boring day after day.

I've found a couple of AWESOME podcasts that keep me going:

We're Alive
    The Walk

I only listen to them when I go for a walk. They are like old time radio drama cliffhangers with modern theme's.

Sometimes I get out just so I can see what is going to happen next. :)
    I do this to keep myself going on rough/lazy days too
    Try Welcome to Night Vale and Thrilling Adventure Hour. Great stories. Night Vale is a lonely desert town where Chthuluish creatures, mind controlling Glow Clouds, and more Secret Organizations than anyone can kerp track of are the norm, and completes a story arc a season through the weekly radio newscasts of Cecil Baldwin.
    Thrilling Adventure Hour is like old time comedy radio type serials which are performed live at Kargo in Los Angeles, and are just alot of fun.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    thank you. I dont feel depressed though. I had depression many years ago and it doesnt feel like that. I just feel LAZY...I have been googling for hours with no success so thought I would just mention it on here

Depression isn't always sadness, and often presents as persistent lack of energy and interest in things that you normally care about. Sort of a semicontant "Meh" that lasts for more than a couple weeks.