Goal: big thighs and booty; slender waist

Options
2»

Replies

• billkansas
    billkansas Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    With three kids I'd say crossfit should be first on your list to jettison (too much cardio and you don't need to burn calories, but rather- eat them). I think you should begin bulking and SQUAT. Get the book "Starting Strength" and follow it. You will squat three times per week for about the next year and deadlift once or twice per week. You'll probably go from a squat with 60 up to 135 lbs (or more). After learning these basics you can add supplementary exercises (probably some of that glute focused lady stuff). Squats done heavy- need to become your best friend. It will add muscle in the right places per your goals. I suppose if you love all Olympic lifts (i.e. Crossfit) you could continue with these too. I wouldn't spend much time on cardio- this will not build a "booty". I strongly believe that cardio should be outdoor stuff like jogging or playing sports or tag with your kids versus gym time away from them. It's pretty easy to get some cardio exercise in when the weather is nice and kids want to be outside.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    billkansas wrote: »
    With three kids I'd say crossfit should be first on your list to jettison (too much cardio and you don't need to burn calories, but rather- eat them). I think you should begin bulking and SQUAT. Get the book "Starting Strength" and follow it. You will squat three times per week for about the next year and deadlift once or twice per week. You'll probably go from a squat with 60 up to 135 lbs (or more). After learning these basics you can add supplementary exercises (probably some of that glute focused lady stuff). Squats done heavy- need to become your best friend. It will add muscle in the right places per your goals. I suppose if you love all Olympic lifts (i.e. Crossfit) you could continue with these too. I wouldn't spend much time on cardio- this will not build a "booty". I strongly believe that cardio should be outdoor stuff like jogging or playing sports or tag with your kids versus gym time away from them. It's pretty easy to get some cardio exercise in when the weather is nice and kids want to be outside.

did you not read all the replies she made? she stated she did not want to have to do it all year long. that having to do it all year long or even longer at this point in time was not for her.she wanted to know basically if it was worth it to do it for awhile and then take a break(like the summer) from it.
  • billkansas
    billkansas Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    billkansas wrote: »

did you not read all the replies she made? she stated she did not want to have to do it all year long. that having to do it all year long or even longer at this point in time was not for her.she wanted to know basically if it was worth it to do it for awhile and then take a break(like the summer) from it.

Oh, oops. Well, I read my advice again. It still sounds good!