HRM for under $100 atm

Options
HI,

Just wondering about HRM's.....I know alot of people are getting around using a Polar one...but i can't afford one of them yet.....I'm hoping to grab one for under $100 Australian, preferably about 50ish & i dont buy online.

**** Smith have some ranged from 30-80 bucks...But i dont know about the quality. I know some of you will be thinking, well if she wants quality she should pay over $100. I'm hoping to get a Polar in a few months, but i want something now :-)

Does anyone know of the brands Yamax, Oregon, Sansita?
has anyone ever brought one from **** smith?
cheers:bigsmile:

haha it blocked out Mr smiths first name, lololol! well i'll try rickard smiths, lol....D*ck smiths!

Replies

• mowu
    mowu Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice to offer you as I don't know any of the brands or mister Smith.......But I just had to comment on how much I love the profanity filter, this really made me smile on a morning where I didn't have too much to be happy about *thumbs up*
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I got a polar ft4 for like US$60 at target and I love it...maybe you could find one at a similar price point there? (I'm unsure what the exchange rate is...but knowing what's been going on in the financial markets here lately...)
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    What if instead of buying a cheap one now and a better one a few months later, skip the cheapy one for now, and save the money towards the better one. You can do fine using calorie calculators such as this one for the time being http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php
  • bdbd11
    bdbd11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi there -
    I bought a Polar F4R from Ryda.com (store on Parramatta Rd, Petersham if you're in Sydney) for $89... they have a few models under $100. Hope that helps!
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i actually just bought one yesterday

http://www.oo.com.au/Dunlop_Impact_Combo_Pack_-_Hea_P40549.cfm

doesnt have some of the features as the polar, but great for an entry level monitor.

my wife and i are going to share it and down the track if i feel i want some more features ill look at the polar.

if your heart is set on a polar then www.thepolarshop.com.au has some great deals at the moment too.
  • Melinda77w
    Options
    I don't have any advice to offer you as I don't know any of the brands or mister Smith.......But I just had to comment on how much I love the profanity filter, this really made me smile on a morning where I didn't have too much to be happy about *thumbs up*

Yes it made me LOL when i seen that it filtered it :-)
  • Melinda77w
    Options
    I got a polar ft4 for like US$60 at target and I love it...maybe you could find one at a similar price point there? (I'm unsure what the exchange rate is...but knowing what's been going on in the financial markets here lately...)

hey :-)
    I dont think our target is as good as yours over there sadly lol.....I know rebel sport out here sell them but i'm so impatient & want one now! Lol :tongue:
  • Melinda77w
    Options
    What if instead of buying a cheap one now and a better one a few months later, skip the cheapy one for now, and save the money towards the better one. You can do fine using calorie calculators such as this one for the time being http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php

yes indeedy i could... call me Veruca salt but i want one nowwwww! LoL :bigsmile:
  • Melinda77w
    Options
    hi there -
    I bought a Polar F4R from Ryda.com (store on Parramatta Rd, Petersham if you're in Sydney) for $89... they have a few models under $100. Hope that helps!
    I'm actually about 2 hours nth of sydney.....i dont go there much....I'll keep hunting them though, thanks :-)
  • glambeauty
    glambeauty Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I brought one from polar australia today ...... but it was online ft4 $100 delivered they also had a f4 for $96 delivered.