Women in 20s (and hopefully about 5'5" ) who want to lose 20lb?

Options
Hi, I am looking for females in 20s, height 5'5" (165cm or so) who want to lose 20lb (about 9kg).
I recently started running for about 10km 3 times a week. I also do cycling and yoga once to twice a week. But as a stressed college student, I'm having a hard time sticking to my goal... I eat a lot when I'm doing homework or just stressed. I hope I can find people who are in similar position and together achieve our goals(:

Replies

• ldawidowicz
    ldawidowicz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me I’m 5’5 need to loose 20 pounds but I just turned 31
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I was in the same shoes as you in my 20s, 5'7" and wanted to lose 20 lbs, which I did! Now I am in maintenance.
    Best advice I can offer is that the one thing that I could control in stressed times, was my food and exercise. Even if everything else was falling apart (idk why but I picked the most stressful semesters to start changing habits), I could control how I ate and how much.

Exercise is great for relieving stress but really staying within your calorie limits is what is going to dictate your weightloss.

I totally revamped my meals to be higher protein and fiber so I wasn't hungry all the time and switching to snacking on popcorn where I could get a lot of volume for a low amount of calories. I also preplanned everything because I found knowing what meals I would be having that day to be less stressful and I could craft my food choices to meet all my goals i.e under calories, meeting protein, fiber etc.
    best of luck
  • nanyakanyaherasu
    nanyakanyaherasu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also stateted changing my habit in the most hectic semsteter. “One thing I could control in stressed times was my food and exercise’” Indeed. Thank you!
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    22 and 5'4! I'm maintaining currently but feel free to add me. I'm on eveyday
  • Ayesha0624
    Ayesha0624 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    26 here looking to lose 40lb's but 20lbs is along the journey! I'm currently 190lbs and want to get down to 150. I just graduated college last year so I was in your shoes too. Add me!
  • Shuntae_xox
    Shuntae_xox Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and 5'3. I only wanna lose 14lbs but feel free to add me☺
  • k25rogge
    k25rogge Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and 5'3" and would like to lose 25ish pounds. I've started intermittent fasting and it's seems to be helping me lose weight. I started Saturday and am already down a pound.
  • SabrinaGeorgitsi
    SabrinaGeorgitsi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    26 and 5’6” and looking to lose 20-25lbs. Feel free to add me
  • tiffanygarncarz8417
    tiffanygarncarz8417 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just turned 26 yesterday, 5'6 and looking to lose 15-20lbs by the end of July for my trip to Punta Cana. My trips a huge motivator but still feel like I'm having a rough time losing weight. Also have two toddlers
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Me! 21, 5' 4.5", was 140-145, wanna be 120-125. Hopefully as much lost by the end of June as possible since that is my wedding, but it is what it is.
  • jldoodles
    jldoodles Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 26, 5'5, currently at 62kg and would like to maintain 55kg. Not sure if you tend to study at home or somewhere public, but one thing that helped me during school is to pack healthy snacks when not studying at home. Throw fruits, nuts, veggies into your bag. Little things add up! GL and keep us updated with how things go for you : )
  • ccardoza55
    ccardoza55 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me, I’m a 27 year old mom weighing 130. But I’d like to maintain 120. I can’t seem too find a balance between working, being a mom and planning for a wedding.!
  • mariaageexox
    mariaageexox Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 and my starting weight was 151 pounds and I have been dieting for about 2 weeks and lost 4 pounds. I have been drinking Soylent as a meal replacement on the weekdays and it's really helping me. I want to lose another 15-20 pounds. Try to keep focused.
  • Jessielynnl
    Jessielynnl Posts: 118 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I'm 26, 5'7, and want to lose 25 pounds. Feel free to add me if you want!
  • theheavyveggie
    theheavyveggie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and 5ft4 looking to lose around 14lbs. I'm also a student and understand the struggle. Feel free to add me :)