Progress Photos

Options
Urbancowbarn
Urbancowbarn Posts: 97 Member
edited March 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
First let’s just say I have a touch of dysmorphia. I’ve never been thrilled with the way I look no matter how fit I’ve been. But recently I’ve been very pleased with way I look dressed. I’m currently trying to keep track of my progress through bikini photos. I’m 5’ 5.5”, 144lbs, 22.24 BF%. I’ve lost 17 lbs since May 16 and have dropped two sizes. Two inches off bust and hip, and 2.5 inches off my waist. When I look in the mirror I feel like I’m approx. 6-7 lbs or half an inch away from my goal. When I take a selfie photo in the mirror with my phone I feel like I need to lose 20lbs to look the way I want to. Which depiction of my image is accurate? My mind is really messing with me.

Replies

• AEC50
    AEC50 Posts: 124 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Go by the mirror and how strong you feel. Noone looks good in selfies, that is why there are so many filters!

I know how you feel. It is really hard to get used to seeing a different body than what you have in your mind. My brain is usually at least 15lb behind reality!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Dysmorphia--don't we all? Sounds like you are doing great. I think the BMI chart is pretty accurate unless you are extremely muscular. If you get into the healthy range--believe it! One other tip--men think women that lift weights and have a little muscle (shape!) are very attractive.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I have this issue. I’m never going to like what I see.

I set quantifiable goals for myself:
    * Smaller than size 14 non-stretch jeans. Done.
    * Reach a low-risk 1:2 waist to height ratio. Done.
    * Reach a low-risk body fat percentage. Done.
    * Reach a “normal” BMI. Almost there.

After I hit that last one (another 15 lbs), I’ll focus on fitness goals only. That may result in additional weight loss, but if not, that’s ok.
  • Urbancowbarn
    Urbancowbarn Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the responses everyone. Your thoughts & advice really helped with getting some much needed perspective. I really appreciate this community!