Shake weight

Options
Does anyone know how I would classify the shake weight in my exercise diary? How many calories it burns, etc?

Replies

• Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Do you feel any benifit from this? I was thinking of getting one, have you noticed any difference.
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your time.
  • MonolithTMA
    MonolithTMA Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    These numbers seem kind of high, and I would imagine it would be different depending on your weight and which shakeweight you use, but here is some info: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100211223955AAaXBPm
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Are you noticing results with the shake weight??
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
  • erinhale
    erinhale Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    None, because this is a joke. Shake weight burns so few calories and gives you no results. You would be better off curling 5 pounds weights a few times.
  • Larius
    Options

Just a lighter wallet.
  • theREALwonderwoman
    Options
    How about let's be helpful and actually answer the question or leave the post alone. She asked a sincere question, not for opinions on what anyone THOUGHT of the shake weight.

I would google the very question you asked and see what results you get that way. That's what I usually do with anything I can't find here in the database. Hope you find something! :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how I would classify the shake weight in my exercise diary? How many calories it burns, etc?
    It's no more effective than lifting regular weights. And really 6 minutes a day to get fit?
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Anything that seems like a gimmick usually is a gimmick
  • Larius
    Options
    How about let's be helpful and actually answer the question or leave the post alone. She asked a sincere question, not for opinions on what anyone THOUGHT of the shake weight.

I would google the very question you asked and see what results you get that way. That's what I usually do with anything I can't find here in the database. Hope you find something! :)

I am being helpful. You are encouraging someone to continue pointless and possibly dangerous behavior. This is not just my opinion. It is the opinion of EVERY respectable fitness expert.

Don't be so gullible, educate yourselves!

To anyone using a shakeweight, ask a certified personal trainer, or a doctor what they think of it.
  • lilcuteness
    lilcuteness Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Lol...my friend is in the commercial and on the box. Stay up really late and you'll see her!
  • wyldkat79936
    Options
    I just got the shake weight so no I haven't seen any results yet. We'll see what happens :)
  • kaytedawg05
    Options
    the only resultsi got from the shake weight was a tension headache.
  • artistfrankie
    Options
    I don't think it would burn calories as much as tone/strengthen muscles. So maybe the Shake Weight should be classified under "Strength". But I'm not sure how you'd enter reps and sets.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Don't bother. Buy real weights. Used, if money's tight.
  • brittanyirwin
    brittanyirwin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my shake weight! I do the 6 min workout video every day after I do my daily exercise and it has been working great for me! :) I googled your question and on yahoo answers I found that it burns 18.3 calories a min,, However I think that it may be false.. I never include the shake weight in my exercise tracker. Hope that helped :)