Costco is the devil

Options
riversmom0817
riversmom0817 Posts: 3 Member
I’m only on day 4 and I’ve been doing fairly well considering I was eating double, almost triple times the amount I’m supposed to! I thought 1200 calories would be easy but I was so very wrong!
Today’s trip to Costco got me! With all the samples, deals, hot dog, soda and frozen yogurt afterwards of course

Replies

• birdenerd
    birdenerd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love costco! but between samples and the pizza, a visit ends up being a lot of calories!! I get the hotdog since it is cheap and filling. I skip the soda or only partially fill it now that I know how many calories are in that size. I have no idea how to calculate the sample calories though so I guesstimate those... I don't go often or I would have to be more careful about them.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I go to Costco every weekend...I don't think I've ever had a sample...frankly, they annoy me with the gaggles of people standing around the samples. I get a Polish sausage maybe two or three times per year.

I usually go shortly after breakfast on Sunday.
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Maybe look at their food like you would Pizza Hut. And try not to sample. It will really help if you eat before you go grocery shopping, and have healthy snacks in your purse (I have been known to pull carrots or a sliced cucumber out of my bag).
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I went to Costco for years without sampling anything, then one day about six months ago my daughter grabbed a sample for me and said “You’ve got to try this!”. Suddenly I was trying every sample in the store. Next time I went back I had none and haven’t desired any since, but for me it was an interesting glimpse into what so many around me talk about as temptation.
  • sunburstaz
    sunburstaz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been shopping at Costco for over 10 years and have never tried any of the sample foods. What annoys me is all the people who block the aisles waiting to get their samples, or who stand in the aisles eating. I've seen whole families completely block aisles until everybody is finished eating. And, they get annoyed when other shoppers ask them to move.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I only sample the desserts because they are small, we don’t have dessert at home very much. So the sampling makes it the perfect treat.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I've never sampled one thing there. Even while I was over weight and unfit .
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 139 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    YES, the samples suck, but Costco has actually really helped me stay on track with food. My fav things there:

*Bulk buying Premier Protein
    *Cellucor protein
    *Rotisserie chicken is great when I want a lazy dinner or meal prep (and its only five bucks?!?)
    *Bulk meat
    *Bulk bags of frozen broccoli
    *Bulk veggies & fruit
    *Giant boxes of Fiber One Bars

Now that I think of it, Costco is actually amazing...
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Mikkimeow wrote: »
    YES, the samples suck, but Costco has actually really helped me stay on track with food. My fav things there:

*Bulk buying Premier Protein
    *Cellucor protein
    *Rotisserie chicken is great when I want a lazy dinner or meal prep (and its only five bucks?!?)
    *Bulk meat
    *Bulk bags of frozen broccoli
    *Bulk veggies & fruit
    *Giant boxes of Fiber One Bars

Now that I think of it, Costco is actually amazing...

Don't forget the toilet paper! :lol:

Seriously, Costco does have tempting samples, but that's their job. Even if I don't sample anything, the longer I stay in any market/warehouse, the more I put in my cart. I usually get in, stick to my list, and gtfo before I see the 12 pack of ceramic kitchen knives I never knew I didn't need.
  • taziarj
    taziarj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I went to Costco today, had samples and a Hot Dog afterwards and was still under my calorie goal for the day.