Hi - new to fitnesspal, quick calories burnt query

Options
MyEi
MyEi Posts: 4 Member
Hi new to fitnesspal enjoying the site, wondering if I have missed a button. I do a mix of exercise each week Cardio, Resistance, and flexibiilty. Although I log my resistance training the site doesn't seem to have a facility to add the calories burnt, unlike cardio which does. Am I missing something?

Replies

• queenofthemountains
    Options
    No you're not missing anything, the reason why it doesn't give you the option to include calories burnt in exercise other than cardio is because often it's quite difficult to measure, because you have to take into account things like your strength and fitness, your body fat, reps, weight and resistance used, and I don't know how many other factors as well. However, if you DO manage to work out how many calories you burn you could always add it to cardio and leave a note for yourself to remind you that it was actually a resistance exercise.
    Hope this helps.
    xx
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    if you search under cardio for 'strength training' it does add calories ...... I use that, but as the above poster said, it's difficult to know if its accurate

Edited to add: Welcome to MFP by the way ..... Good luck xx
  • MyEi
    MyEi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks both for speedy reply. Will best guess and keep working hard;)