Cravings

Options
sanfordmom1984
sanfordmom1984 Posts: 4 Member
edited March 2018 in Getting Started
Anyone know of any good appetite suppressors. Lol or ways to lose weight without feeling starved.

Replies

• BigCharlie19782018
    BigCharlie19782018 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just drink some water.
  • ericflatekval
    ericflatekval Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Part of this could you want food HABITUALLY and are not actually physically craving it. The tough part is, if this is the actual answer, then the solution is strictly better habits developed through will power.

For me, I have to get past cravings in this way, also, for me because I eat ketogenically I find when I get deep into it the cravings I have for carbs subsides and this helps significantly.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    A craving is not the same thing as feeling starved. Which do you mean to ask about?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You lose weight by eating less, but not by eating so much less that you starve yourself. Are you hungry? If you're undereating, eat more. It you're just eating less than you're used to, get used to it. Cravings is not the same as hunger, and certainly not the same as starvation. Don't mess with your appetite. Please take your health seriously.
  • Kevin_Rex
    Kevin_Rex Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Standing for 60 seconds in a Walmart bathroom.

Also, water and nuts. I've been drinking a gallon of water per day and eating small amounts of macadamia nuts when I feel like I'm getting (or going to get) hungry and it satiates until the next meal. A banana for snack, or an apple, helps as well - seems generic but really helps... really.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    A low-carb diet will suppress appetite and help manage cravings once you reach ketosis. Eating more protein could help improve satiety, too... you could gradually bump up your protein goal until the cravings diminish.