Apple Watch and total calories (TDEE) question

Options
claritea1
claritea1 Posts: 23 Member
edited March 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
I am a new Apple Watch user (series 3) and so far love it. I really think this will bring this journey to another level. Previously I have been using online calculators to estimate TDEE and eating at a 20% deficit from that. So far I have been losing about 1-2 lbs a week so am pleased. I do however want to be as accurate as I can and I really think this watch will do that. So I have found where you can see your active and total (TDEE) calories which accrue as you go about your day. Love that feature and seems to be pretty accurate. My question is about what happens when you charge on your nightstand at night. Do resting calories continue to accrue or does the watch simply record daily calories when the watch is actively on your wrist (making total calories less than TDEE)?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    In my experience, the resting calories accrue overnight, and you will see those in the morning when you open the app and start moving around. (You need to put on the Watch and move around with it before it credits the resting calories.)
  • ITUSGirl51
    ITUSGirl51 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Yes they keep adding in a set amount based on your stats. Go to you iPhone and open the Health app. Click on resting calories and it will show you a resting calories for each hour, including the times you aren’t wearing the watch.
  • claritea1
    claritea1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you!