AAARGH... Stupid scale

Options
So I thought I was doing well according to my old scale. Well it just so happens that it has been slowly dying on me. Over the last year or so, it slowly started reading lower and lower weights when I would get on. I went from 230 to 200 in that year. Well it lied! I just bought a new scale and shows that I haven't lost a single pound. I just needed to vent. I figure I could be bummed or have a great attitude and re-challenge myself and get back on track. I'll choose the latter. So I'm back full force on myfitnesspal and ready to cut the weight off.

Oh yeah, on another funny note, I guess my wife hasn't been drying my shirts on high heat. I think I was just getting bigger and the shirts weren't shrinking. :)

Anyways, I would love to hear some of your funny responses.

Replies

• porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it.. though if your scales are from the same breeding as mine they are evil!! Evil I tell you!! lol

Just think.. you'll be needing new smaller shirts soon :)
  • donnaselene
    Options
    I feel for you my friend, i had a similar incident where i was weighing myself on uneven ground moved scales to the bathroom and what a disaster felt cheated. The thing to do is get back on the horse and start over new with the new scales as motivation. Take a look at your diet maybe it had a few holes in it also and take charge. Goodluck and REMEMBER MOST OF US ON MFP ARE IN THE SAME SITUATION.
    Donna
  • abbie017
    abbie017 Posts: 410
    Options
    I love your attitude. I would've been completely bummed out if this were me! You are a rockstar!
  • msmith5251s
    Options
    Wow... I would be so unmotivated- I'd probably cry!!
    You can do it though.
  • ncgingerich
    ncgingerich Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude. I would've been completely bummed out if this were me! You are a rockstar!

Ditto!! An attitude like this will make you succeed and your sense of humor will keep you surrounded by those who care!
  • nataloi
    nataloi Posts: 2
    Options
    Well, if your shirts have shrunk, surely you've lost weight?!
    Maybe your body composition has just changed, and you have more muscle than fat, and this change has lead to your weight being the same?
    I'm no expert, so I can't be sure, but it's just an idea.
    Well done on staying motivated, though! :)
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options

Oh yeah, on another funny note, I guess my wife hasn't been drying my shirts on high heat. I think I was just getting bigger and the shirts weren't shrinking. :)

My husband has accused me of this before.

But you can get back on track. Wise food and exercise choices and those shirts will fit again soon.
  • kennethshaw
    Options
    Thanks for your notes of motivation. Both my wife and I were very betrayed by that damn scale. I guess I was angry at first which then led to determination. Guess I'm learning a lot about how my mind works.:laugh: