Looking for Food recipe suggestions

Options
Hi there ,
I am a single guy who is lazy at cooking ,I'm looking for any dietitian here who can suggest me daily food recipes of 1800 calories dividing the macros into 180g carbs,140 g protein and 60 grams fat.
Cheers.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    If you want to stop being overweight, you have to stop being lazy. At least that lazy.

Cooking doesn't have to be a lot of work when you know how, you don't even have to do any cooking to lose weight. All you have to do, is to eat less.

You can use any recipe you want, and eat what you want within your calorie allowance. Setting and tracking macros is optional, and should make it easier to stick to your calories.

If you want specific recipes, go to the recipes section.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I am not a dietitian but I like meal planning. If you eat the same thing every day it can be very easy. I’ll see what I can come up with.

Can you lay out a family pack of chicken breasts on a baking tray once a week, season them with salt and pepper, and bake them for 25 minutes?
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Easy prep stuff could use a slow cooker or Instant Pot. Lots of recipes on Pinterest. But you may need to use the recipe/meal part of the MFP app to log the ingredients to come up w/ calorie counts per serving. It is all doable.
  • ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    If you go to the scooby's calculator at the bottom it will give you a suggested meal plan for a day. You can play around with it to get more ideas. From there you can look for menu ideas and recipes - I use pinterest mainly.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

Also, if you go to the blog section of MFP, MFP made a blog post with a meal plan for 1800 calories, and I know there are some links for recipes. Not sure if their plan agrees with your macros though.

Best wishes to you
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I test entered a day as follows.

Breakfast;
    Two eggs (you could hard boil a whole carton every six days)
    One slice wholemeal toast spread with 3tbsp PB2 mixed with water in to a paste

Lunch:
    16 oz tuna mixed with a teaspoon of mayonnaise and wrapped in to mountain bread flatbread and as much romaine lettuce as you can stuff in it.

http://www.mountainbread.com.au

Enjoy with skim milk and an apple.

Dinner:
    An 8 oz chicken breast with Uncle Ben’s rice pilaf and 10 oz green peas warmed up.
    Have with a cup of skim milk.

I figured this all out by pre logging a meal and adding the proteins first, then the carbs, dairy for a little more protein then adding fat as needed.

You could get closer to your macros by switching to whole milk or swapping some of the PB2 for peanut butter.

For your orange vegetables switch out the green peas with carrots.

You can compose your own meals by pre logging a day just like I did.

1800 calories
    Wanted: 180g carb 47% Logged: 182g
    Wanted: 140g protein 37% Logged: 200g
    Wanted: 60g fats 16% Logged: 30g
  • KerryKat90
    KerryKat90 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    www.pinchofnom.com Thousands of healthy meals to fit into any healthy eating plan, hope this helps