How did you cure upset stomach post cheat meal?

Options
So yesterday one of my cheats was a buttermilk biscuit from Popeyes. I had a friends birthday dinner to attend so I ordered the vegetable plate to recoup from the day. The veggie plate was red lettuce, fried kale basically homemade kale chips, califlower and quinoa. My 1st bite I knew I would be in trouble. The califlower tasted like it was saturated in oil. I ordered a cup of tea while everyone else at dessert. My stomach was very mad at me. I came home and my body was like this stuff needs to go and it went. This morning my stomach feels like what you feel in your young years the day after a hangover. You were happy to get good sleep after the party but your body is off you feel dehydrated and foggy. Well if there is such a thing as a stomach hangover, I have it.
Any suggestions on how I can get my digestive system back on track? I am online this morning trying to find a juice bar!

Replies

• Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    The same way you would deal with any upset stomach. Keep it simple and wait.
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    stick to food you know doesn't upset your stomach and is easy to digest until you feel better? I get an upset stomach when I eat fried meat and (in large amounts) some types of full fat dairy - I had a milky coffee and 2 scoops of pistachio ice cream for the first time in like a year recently while out with a friend and it killed my stomach
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Simethicone and gaviscon
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Andrew's salts - like Alka Seltzer on steroids. Can only get it in the UK though, I mail order it now I live away. Cures that horrid bloat instantly.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Simethicone and gaviscon

That, plus something mild and soothing like soup, rice or cream of wheat helps me. Otherwise, just eat gentle until it goes away, and remember it next time you are tempted to overeat foods that make you feel bleh.
    Heck that's the only thing that keeps me in my limits sometimes, because even mildly overeating some treats causes that now.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Ginger tea.
  • coastcoronada
    coastcoronada Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It could perhaps be the amount of fiber in the meal that triggered the upset stomach. However, if you eat a lot of kale, cauliflower, and quinoa at home and know that’s not usually how your body reacts, I think it’s safe to say that it could’ve been how the meal was prepared. I eat a lot of homemade chalupas, usually with sour cream and guacamole. They’re also my go-to when I need a quick meal since there are a ton of Mexican restaurants in my city, and they’re relatively inexpensive. I find that even with the same chalupa, I will sometimes get an upset stomach. Not always, but it happens. I figure it can be the way the beans were cooked or the cheese and sour cream they used.

Anyway. As far as how to settle your stomach. I usually just keep things bland, like the BRAT diet. Or simple chicken breasts and white rice. Also, anytime my body is clearing itself out, I try to drink lots of water in order to avoid dehydration.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just eat what you normally eat to "get back on track"?
    If your stomach is upset you could try foods like rice, crackers, broth based soups, oatmeal, applesauce, plain chicken.
  • msjuanitasemail
    msjuanitasemail Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Kale, Cauliflower and quinoa are 3 things that commonly cause stomach discomfort. Why do you assume it's the oil and not those things?

• msjuanitasemail
    Options
    Thank you I did not know that. I ended up doing all evolution fresh pressed veggie and fruit juice that day. Felt so much better
  • msjuanitasemail
    Options
    It could perhaps be the amount of fiber in the meal that triggered the upset stomach. However, if you eat a lot of kale, cauliflower, and quinoa at home and know that’s not usually how your body reacts, I think it’s safe to say that it could’ve been how the meal was prepared. I eat a lot of homemade chalupas, usually with sour cream and guacamole. They’re also my go-to when I need a quick meal since there are a ton of Mexican restaurants in my city, and they’re relatively inexpensive. I find that even with the same chalupa, I will sometimes get an upset stomach. Not always, but it happens. I figure it can be the way the beans were cooked or the cheese and sour cream they used.

Anyway. As far as how to settle your stomach. I usually just keep things bland, like the BRAT diet. Or simple chicken breasts and white rice. Also, anytime my body is clearing itself out, I try to drink lots of water in order to avoid dehydration.

• msjuanitasemail
    Options
    Thank you. Yes I make quinoa and kale and califlower at home but it's never that greasy