Looking for an Online Support Buddy

Options
Hey, I'm 35 year old female that is looking to find one person as a support and accountability buddy. One where we can motivate each other daily. I will be working on myself everyday and pushing to literally get in the best shape of my life. I'm going to hit my ultimate goal weight in 2018. I want this person to be working towards that same goal and they actively working to make themselves the best they've ever been. There are plenty of people on MFP but some aren't as active as others. I'm looking for someone that can support every day.

I'd prefer someone that has the same amount of weight to lose as I do (which is 90 lbs at this point) but they don't have to have that same goal as long as every day they are motivated to transform and change themselves for the better.

I lost 30 pounds in 2017 and I still need to lose another 90 lbs to hit my goal. So, I need someone to keep me motivated and someone I can keep motivated every single day. For example, If I feel like not working out or I get those "cravings/appetite" I want someone there to help me through those tough times. I will be there for that same type of support. I think having someone working towards the same type of goal (to get in the best shape of their life) would be very motivating and we can keep each other on track! :)

Please understand that I am looking for just one person because it is too hard to keep up with everyone but even if we don't become daily accountability and support partners please feel free to add me as a friend and I will be happy to watch your journey and support you when I can!

Replies

• gilesjennifer267
    gilesjennifer267 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Jenn and I am 35 years old. I am currently at my highest weight ever, 319 lbs. I have tried on my own to lose weight before, without much luck. It is hard when you don"t have someone to relate. I have talked to my doctor and she is extremely concerned about my weight. I decided to start keeping a food journal, and I have been walking every day. I agreed to monthly visits with my doctor and she is in the process of setting me up with nutrition classes. I don't know if you are still looking for an accountability buddy, but if you are I am available. :)
  • apendlebury406
    apendlebury406 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m alice and I’m 31 years old. I am trying out a low/no carb diet for the first time in years after everything else i tried (severely restricting calories, running every day before work for months, and hiring a personal trainer to help me with strength training) didnt work! This is the first time I have asked for a doctors advice and low-carb is what she suggested! I would love to join you guys for a buddy system/support if you want a third!!
  • NightOwl7777
    NightOwl7777 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m Steph looking to lose a lot of weight, around 7stones. I too need someone to keep me focused and motivated to pull me up and hold me to account if I slip! Good luck finding the right person to buddy up with I’m sure you will achieve the success that you are aiming for.
  • megdad1992
    megdad1992 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I already reached my goal weight , but we still can be friends :smile: , add me if you are interested .
  • mrsjhardin
    mrsjhardin Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 and had set a goal to lose 75lbs. I've lost about 27lbs so far so still have a ways to go. If youre still looking for a buddy, I'd love to help!
  • Cris_elaine7382
    Cris_elaine7382 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 35, 36 next week. I've lost nearly 20 lbs so far since starting at the end of December. I have 70-80lbs to go and want to hit mg goal this year too. I'm on every day. I've spent a lot of years not making myself a priority and I'm finally learning to change that. Would love a friend on here.
  • kosmith7676
    kosmith7676 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    38 former athlete. Desk job, kids and stress got me. Getting back on that pony. Have a ton of weight to lose. Add me guys. I will be active I promise you.
  • kboggs777
    kboggs777 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • benjamin1595
    benjamin1595 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Anyone look for supporting buddy I am here I lost 80kgs and am in the best shape I have every been in from gain muscle to losing weight and toning up I’m here to help support anyone that needs it
  • ShawnKW
    ShawnKW Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, my name is Shawn. I am 40 and just 10 pounds shy of my pregnancy weight. I am part of a group call No Excuse Mom's in my area. You ladies should look it up and see if there is one near you. I am trying to get off the rest of my weight. I have a 20 year old who is married and a 17 year old who is self sufficient so time is not my problem. Would you ladies like me to pair us all off into groups? I need someone to push me as well. I usually am the pushy one and people drop me.