Hello

Options
wwtrd
wwtrd Posts: 4 Member
Hello everyone, I’m new here. I’ve been very successful over the past couple month with the keto diet. I am looking to transition off of it however. This is mainly because I have been breaking it a lot lately to eat a bunch of carbs. I don’t know if it is a mental thing or if my body is lacking some type of micro nutrients. I know there may be some initial weight gain but I am hoping to fight that by eating healthy and tracking my calories. I am also looking for a good support system here. Thanks everyone!

Replies

• Jenniferakajacel311
    Jenniferakajacel311 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :smile: I'm sure by searching through the forums you can find lots of helpful posts. I also like reading the blogs.
  • pearsj10
    pearsj10 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I did keto a while back and had a lot of success, but couldn't sustain it either so I know how you feel! I have recently started a low-moderate carb plan I kinda designed for myself based on what I learned from doing keto and weight watchers. My basic structure is to eat half the carbs at each meal that I would normally want to eat, so I set my goal around 75-100g carbs per day. I'm still eating the carbs I like so I'm not feeling deprived, I'm just controlling the amount and filling in the bulk with veggies, nuts, etc. For example, yesterday for lunch I had half a grilled cheese and a salad instead of a whole grilled cheese and chips, which would've been my old way. The same thing doesn't work for everyone, obviously, but thought I'd share since I was in a similar spot before!
  • selfiebrah
    selfiebrah Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Man keto is great to kick start diets or get over a plateau. But they're nearly impossible to stay with so don't beat yourself up over it. Transition into something else that also fits you and then just go back to keto whenever you think you're ready to take it on. Good luck.!