Holiday

Options
Hi,

I'm going on holiday in 2 weeks around Europe for a week, so there is going be lots of new food and drink to try. Do I watch what I eat or just have a good time?

Help :( x

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Be smart, you don't want to undo everything you worked for. But have a great time.
  • JULIEICAC
    JULIEICAC Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I can only assume you will be doing a ton of walking while on vacation. Those extra calories burned could be used to off set either some of the smaller extra treats you want to indulge in, or on a special meal that you just can't resist. It's all about balance and if you keep that in mind, I would guess that you will come back from Europe with some great memories and not extra pounds. :)
  • donnaselene
    Options
    If you are from America you will find europe less fast food inclined except for the big citys. Most of europe love olive oil so thats a plus and tapas are a great way to control portions. The down side is bread we eat alot of bread and pastries. You will enjoy it and try new foods avoid things you have at home.
    ciao
    Donna
  • Carol_27
    Carol_27 Posts: 40
    Options
    I love travelling but yes, this could mean gaining lbs that you worked so hard to get rid of. Some advice;

-Enjoy your yourself! see the sights and absorb the culture!!
    -Walk Walk Walk
    -Elevator or stairs, choose stairs
    -Drink wine instead of beer, less calories.
    -Eat the greens and try the meats!
    -If you indulge make sure you walked enough beforehand = no guilt
    -Bring stomach medecine with you in case you eat something that does not agree with you.
    -Squeeze in a workout, you can always do a few crunches on a towel in your hotel room b4 bed.
    -Dring plenty of WATER, you will be less hungry
    -HAVE A GREAT TIME!!

-C :bigsmile:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Maybe allow a couple days, spread out, to just eat what you want guilt-free. But for two whole weeks, I wouldn't recommend cheating for that long. Enjoy! Sounds like a blast!
  • mike737
    mike737 Posts: 68
    Options
    I put on 4lbs in Cyprus over two weeks. I didn't go mental, kept my portions low and didn't snack too much but I never tracked it. I did consume a hell of a lot of booze lol

dont worry about it and fix it when you come back