Alcohol weight loss??

Options
nixixi
nixixi Posts: 5 Member
edited March 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
So yesterday I had burger and chips for lunch and a lot of alcohol for dinner (before anyone says anything I am aware this is clearly not a good diet for a few reasons!). When I stepped on the scale this morning I lost 1lb.
This has happened a few times now. Does anyone know the reason for this?

I am not suggesting people drink to lose weight just wonder why the scale dropped today of all days.

Further stats to help the puzzle: Monday to Thursday I had roughly 1,200 calories a day and lost 1lb on Wednesday. Usual weekly weight loss is around 0.5 to 1lb. Current weight is 124lbs.

Replies

• nixixi
    Options
    Yeah I am prepared for it to go back up tomorrow. It’s just a shame as today I reached my initial goal weight (since adjusted a little) and I don’t have that hurray moment!
  • evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    nixixi wrote: »
    Yeah I am prepared for it to go back up tomorrow. It’s just a shame as today I reached my initial goal weight (since adjusted a little) and I don’t have that hurray moment!

Then don't get discouraged if it's up tomorrow - you're clearly really close! Life is all about having fun while achieving your goals. Congratulations in advance of you hitting goal weight for realz!
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Alcohol inhibits antidiuretic hormone, which means you pass more water than usual.

This can mean you have less fluid on board the day after.
  • nixixi
    Options
    Thanks! I agree that you still need to have fun while on a diet! Hence the burger and alcohol!

So close just need to plough through!
  • batorkin
    batorkin Posts: 281 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    There's some evidence that drinking a lot of liquid (alcohol included), or eating a big meal can trigger a "whoosh" the following day. Google around and many people have experienced it.

I've broke my lowest weight after a night out drinking a couple times during my journey. The weight doesn't come back for me, I think it's mostly just water retention in your depleted fat cells getting released.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Dehydration from alcohol. The water weight comes right back on when you get yourself hydrated.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I always look cut AF after drinking because I’m hella dehydrated. Look fabulous though lol