Ideas to add to plain greek yogurt

I keep going over my sugar everyday.. anyone have an ideas what to add to plain greek yogurt to make it taste better withouth a ton of sugar?

Replies

• cinnamon and splenda it also what i add to my cottage cheese.
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Hi,

I use honey and strawberries or just honey on its own.
  • Berries. I have Strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. About 100g of each and I sometimes top with a few chopped nuts - about 10g that I get from the baking section. Or I might have about 50g of granola but that is quite high cal so it's less often. It's like eating pudding. :)
  • Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    Agave Nectar....

Or, a small amount of one of those crystal light packets you add to a bottle of water
  • Kristy085
    Kristy085 Posts: 65 Member
    I've been having the same problem! There is a low sugar granola that I tried...but it still didn't give any flavor to the yogurt. Blueberries worked well...but again made the sugar content too high. Hope to find something soon!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    I sometimes add 1/4 scoop vanilla protein powder to 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt. This gives it a hint of vanilla flavour and adds another 6 grams of protein.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    I like to mix it with Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal...it tastes like granola with a good hit of fiber and protein.
  • llovegrove
    llovegrove Posts: 94 Member
    I add 1 pack of Stevia and a fruit to a 1/2 cup yogurt. SOemtimes I add to packs. It tastes really good, even better if I let it sit in the refrigerator all day before I eat it. : ) Cinnamon is really good also with Stevia!
  • Carol_27
    Carol_27 Posts: 40
    granola and berries, blueberries are the best antioxdants and are sweet/tasty. get granola from the health food section and watch the carbs.

I also have problems with my sweet tooth, If I have a serious sugar craving I buy sugar free hard handies, they are easy to manage as far as calories/sugar/portion. My personal favourite, Werthers sugar free toffee hard candies....yum.
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    I add frozen mixed berries, and sometimes I add 1/2 cup of Kashi Honey Flax Cereal
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    I use greek yogurt to make my ranch dressing for my salads! 1 cup container of greek yogurt, 1 packet Ranch dressing mix and use 2% milk to thin it out to the consistency I like (add the milk by the tablespoon, a little goes a long way). An amazing substitute for the high fat, high calorie stuff you get in the bottle and tastes fantastic, not icky like the 'light or low fat' versions on the market, very tasty and satisfying and the ENTIRE recipe has less calories than just 5 or 6 tablespoons of the bottled brands. Then, I cut up broccoli, cauliflower and add little cheddar cheese cubes to make a REALLY satisfying and healthy salad. Yummy!

I know this doesn't quite answer your question, but nobody said you HAD to just eat greek yogurt plain out of the container... LOL

PS~ I use the 2% milk because that is what the family will drink and no point in buying skim if noone is going to use it (I don't drink milk so I let them have what they want. You can make it with skim too.)
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Mix some almond butter or peanutbutter in there. It tastes like a dessert!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    I like 1tbs flax meal, honey or agave, walnuts, and cranberries! I've done blueberries and honey too though. That's good!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    I sometimes add 1/4 scoop vanilla protein powder to 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt. This gives it a hint of vanilla flavour and adds another 6 grams of protein.

I've done this with chocolate and mocha too. It's delish!
  • bobie1978
    bobie1978 Posts: 204 Member
    Thanks everyone!! I was trying to eat the yogurt with just blueberries in it.. Not very good :)

Xasper good idea for ranch dressing!! I never thought of that actually I was craving ranch dressing yesterday with my salad but even the light ones have so much fat in it i passed it up.
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member

I've done this with chocolate and mocha too. It's delish!

Same here!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    granola and berries, blueberries are the best antioxdants and are sweet/tasty. get granola from the health food section and watch the carbs.

I also have problems with my sweet tooth, If I have a serious sugar craving I buy sugar free hard handies, they are easy to manage as far as calories/sugar/portion. My personal favourite, Werthers sugar free toffee hard candies....yum.

I found those wethers sugar free toffees and they are good!! Don't miss the sugar either :)
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    looking for good ideas too! :)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    I just finished 1 cup ff Greek yoghurt, 1/2 cup skim milk, tspn cocoa, cinnamon, scoop vanilla protein and choc fudge sf jello. Unbelievably tasty!
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    I usually just add fruit to my greek yogurt in the morning, but I like the tart taste of the yogurt. Someone on here (I think in a different post) suggested vanilla extract. I haven't tried that yet, but it sounds like a good idea!

For a yummy treat when I'm craving something sweet and decadent and have calories left over at the end of the day, I mix greek yogurt with a tablespoon of peanut butter (melt it a bit in the microwave first) and a bit of honey. It's delicious! And if I'm really feeling decadent, I crumble a couple graham crackers on top. It's sweet because of the honey and graham crackers, but the peanut butter gives an even thicker consistency...it's delicious!