Not loosing much weight

Options
I eat 1230 calories and burn 700 to 800 calories in the gym every day. I weight 166 lbs and I am 5 feet 2 inches

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    1) what does not losing much weight mean? How much have you lost, over what time period? Your problem may be impatience and unrealistic expectations.
    2) How do you determine how many calories you are eating? Do you use a food scale?
    3) How do you determine your calorie burns in the gym? What are you doing that you think burns 700 to 800 kcal every day? For how long?

• ladynickey2005
    ladynickey2005 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do use a scale to weigh my food. I measure certain foods. As far as the calories I burn in the gym. I go by what the machines that I use say. I enter my weight and age on the machine. I have lost 18 pounds. But it feels like a slow process, but maybe I'm wrong. Been doing this since January. Been going b y the keto diet.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    You're losing more than 1 lb per week, which is kind of perfect. It will slow down as you get smaller. You need patience and more realistic expectations. :drinker:
  • lynn_glenmont
    Options
    Yeah, as malibu and kimny said, you're losing plenty fast. Your problem is impatience and unrealistic expectations.
  • lynn_glenmont
    Options
    JerSchmare wrote: »
    Those machines are way off, most times. There’s a reason for that. The companies that make them want to make you feel great. Think of it as vanity calorie burns.

She has lost 18 pounds in 6 to 10 weeks (depending on when in January she started). Her problem is not underestimating her deficit due to overestimating calorie burns.
  • ladynickey2005
    ladynickey2005 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started January 24th. Lynn_glenmont I think you're right I think I was being impatient. JerSchmare I think you're right about the machines. I also do strength. I try not to just do cardio. I just felt like maybe I needed other suggestions like maybe I'm doing something wrong. Thanks Kimny72 for the advice. Malibu927 that does make sense I wasn't eating half of my exercise calories. But I do weigh the solid foods. Everyone have great suggestions. I'm so happy I kept this app on my phone. It's a great app and the myfitnesspal community is very helpful.
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I started January 24th

You have lost 18lbs in under 2 months. That is fast weight loss and in no way "not much weight".