Losing weight but not inches Need Help

Options
I have lose 6 lbs but i am not losing inches i excercise by running 2 miles and up that last night to 2 1/2 miles and i swim at least 3 times a week and i watch what i eat but i am not losing inches ? need help!

Replies

• HannahPendrigh
    HannahPendrigh Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    try adding some strength training into your workouts?
  • leamatthew
    leamatthew Posts: 162
    Options
    How much do you have to loose?

I no that i have to loose quite a bit before noticing inches and a difference
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    You definitely need to focus on weight training I think!!

I focus mostly on weights and less on cardio. I am losing inches and fat off my body but no weight because I am gaining muscle :) Which I think is awesome. I just have to learn to ignore my scale
  • arissfive
    arissfive Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    add more protein , that helps with muscle mass
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    add more protein , that helps with muscle mass

Don't add a lot of protein if you aren't actually doing any exercises to build muscle (which you aren't). Too much protein can actually lead to weight gain.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I have lose 6 lbs but i am not losing inches i excercise by running 2 miles and up that last night to 2 1/2 miles and i swim at least 3 times a week and i watch what i eat but i am not losing inches ? need help!

Hi Cmgb2008, I have a few questions to ask you:

1. In what span of time did you lose 6 pounds?

2. How many calories do you eat a day and much water you drink a day?

3. How many spots are you measuring? I know that I only measure three areas of my body, but that doesn't mean that I'm not losing inches in the areas that I'm not measuring. Some people measure their neck, shoulders, arms, wrists, chest, waists, thighs, hips, legs, ankles. I measure three parts of my body: My chest, waists and thighs and sometimes the numbers don't buldge, but it doesn' t mean that my other body parts aren't getting smaller.

Strength train and do some interval and circuit training workouts. They help.
  • cmgb2008
    cmgb2008 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    in like 2 1/2 months. 1200 that is what they have on here for me to eat. i just measure 3 spots my chest, waists, and thigh..
    Thank you for pointing that out i did not look at it that way that i could be losing inches where i am not measuring.
  • cmgb2008
    cmgb2008 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks everone i am going to though in some strength train...
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    in like 2 1/2 months. 1200 that is what they have on here for me to eat. i just measure 3 spots my chest, waists, and thigh..
    Thank you for pointing that out i did not look at it that way that i could be losing inches where i am not measuring.

You are welcome cmgb2008.

I've made a mistake and said waists in my post, instead of waist.