Fitbit results vs mfp results

Options
Hello all. Day 2 of having a charge 2 with heartrate monitor. I do not have it synced with mfp. I just manually enter in my exercises. I went on a 4mi walk with my mother 2day outside. Not sure my speed but fitbit said avg hrt rte was 97 and pace 15'17" not sure what that means. Not sure how fast we went but was pretty brisk. Was 4mi exactly. I figured it at 3.5 mph. Mfp 3.5mph @60 min is 238 fitbit says i burned 432 during thay session. That's pretty big difference. Im not sure which to go with. My Fitbit harge 2 with heartrate monitor.

Replies

• jennygutt
    jennygutt Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well i calculated 4mi in 1 hr os 4 mph lol duh me! So i uped it from 3.5 mph to 4mph amd it says 371 so that makes it make a little bit more sense. Still 60 cals difference.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    You’re over thinking it. The numbers are not going to match or you’re at least not going to be able to figure out how they are calculated. I’ve had a FitBit synced with MFP for over four years - I trusted it and ate back the cals while losing and now in maintenance. What I found was that I was more active than I realized, and that I could in fact eat more than I was and still lose weight, which motivated me to keep exercising and stick with the process.

Also, a lot of people don’t realize that FitBit is An activity tracker so it estimates your total calories burned from the exercise but also the day to day activities and just how many you burn just existing. That’s already taken into account with MFP and your original goal, based on the stats and activity level you chose - so that’s another reason you see a difference in the estimates

I would sync the two, enable negative calorie adjustments, and start by eating back 50-75% of the calorie adjustment till you figure out how accurate FitBit is for you. It was very accurate for me and many others.

Good luck.
  • UNCMountaineer
    UNCMountaineer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have an Apple Watch and I synced to MFP. The amount of calories I burned at soccer today the negative calorie adjustment adjusted the exact same amount of calories. Then it looks like I didn’t exercise at all. It’s a bit confusing. Could you explain it for me please?