Anyone not on the keto diet.

Options
2»

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    And the thing is, with Keto, they still have to make sure they eat less calories than they burn.

Why make it harder than it needs to be by adding an extra level of complexity?
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Nope, no Keto here. Just boring, old calorie counting with a super uncool food scale ;)
  • Mickey1Ward
    Mickey1Ward Posts: 11 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Good, glad to hear from others doing similar life changes. Even in real life all my co works are going on the keto diet, so it’s nice to hear from others like me
  • Back_4_more
    Back_4_more Posts: 92 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I've done it in the past. But noticed if I go off and back it's harder to stay on it and had issues w/ gal bladder from it. I prefer just a lower carb CICO diet.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    A whole lot of non-keto going on here, we just don't chat about it quite as much :)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Hell no to the Keto.

I eat 55% carbs, 15% protein, 30% fat. I've lost 80 lbs and kept it off 2 years this way.

I should add to my post here that I also ate the same way when I got overweight.

It doesn't matter what your macros/carbs etc are so long as you stick to your calorie limit.

I've always eaten whatever things I like. But now, I eat whatever I like within my calorie limit.

The best diet is one you can stick to. I chose not to diet.

With Keto, nobody lasts very long, and nobody on Keto learns how to eat normally.

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,106 Member
    Options
    I happily eat all the carbs I can :lol:
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Heck to the no! 3-400g carbs a day, maintaining or losing very slowly and happy
  • YogiJear
    YogiJear Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Not keto, I don't hate on it either. Whatever works for you, go for it.
  • freespirit6315
    freespirit6315 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I thought about the keto diet but then I realize it's not for me just counting calories here Count Me In
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    At my beginning of this process my daughter, a registered nurse, told me to get my carbs below 50 to lose weight. I tried to get my carbs below 50. I failed at that, yet I lost weight anyway. So, I quit trying on the carbs thing and kept losing weight.
  • wefts
    wefts Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I could not do Keto, I love my veggies and need my fiber , I tried it once years ago and It made me irritable and did not provide enough fiber . I do high fiber low fat whole foods for the most part and try to stay between 1200 and 1500 cal if I exercise alot I may eat back part of those cal up to 1800 . eating a volumetrics type diet , helps me stay satisfied and having much of the days foods be low sugar and low fat leaves me a chunck of calories for a snack or treat .
  • meccasue
    meccasue Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    No keto here. Just trying to watch what I eat and count calories. That's enough for me.
  • astrdomitter
    astrdomitter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I love potatoes
  • astrdomitter
    astrdomitter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Too much to do keto. You can add me.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Seems like everyone is on the keto diet. I did it and got great results but my liver enzymes, and cholesterol went through the roof. So I’m just counting calories. I’m not going crazy over counting but just the added effort of having to log everything I eat tends to help me lose weight and I’m working out of course. So the old decrease calorie and exercise is all I am going for. Any friends that are good with that and a little friendly messaging back and forth to stay motivated are welcome ;)

Im not on keto either and I had the same issues you did. my liver enzymes went through the roof and my already high cholesterol went even higher. but I have familial hypercholesterolemia so thats why I had those issues. I improved my cholesterol with a low fat,low cholesterol,high fiber diet and for me I had this since I was thin just did not know it until a little while ago(I was misdiagnosed as just having high cholesterol),so for me that includes meds as well.
  • igottagetthisrite
    igottagetthisrite Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I do t even know what me to is!
  • mlauster
    mlauster Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    No keto here, I <3 cake. Oh and I’ve lost 112lbs with just a calorie deficit, and still eating cake ;)
  • mrpickleton
    mrpickleton Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I happily eat all the carbs I can :lol:

This! Carbs make me so happy and I'm managing to lose weight just fine.