Upset about Nutrient amounts!

Options
Hi all!

As many times on MFP, when I want to log food, I find incorrect amounts of sugar,protein etc. :huh:
For instance, I was logging ingredients for a recipe, and I had to add sugar as an ingredient.

So there is someone who added Sugar in the database with the amount of calories but didn't log the amount of SUGAR, nor carbs, I mean COME ON !!! :noway: :explode:

Whenever I can correct something in the database I do it, and when I add something I log as much information as I can. Otherwise I just refrain from adding whatsoever in the database. :angry:

I am upset and need to vent, and I truly wish everyone was committed to make the food database accurate for everyone's sake in this amazing community. :sad:

Replies

• fitaliciag
    fitaliciag Posts: 373
    Options
    i am with you
  • VeroM1234
    VeroM1234 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the exact same thing....

Personally, Im watching the Carbs...

I keep finding some things that are half the good number of carbs or stuff like that...It is extremely annoying...
  • smrtcar
    smrtcar Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    When I have the time, I cross check the data on the packaging to the data in the database. I also check the manufacturer online data with the database (this is more whith restaurant menu items). I'm always looking to finetune the potassium data.
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    yup, i have just recently started double checking things like sugar and cholesterol and a lot of they time they are WAY over... I just started either editing the entries or putting them in myself. It's annoying, but it's more annoying with these stupid inaccuracies. I wonder how anyone put this stuff in incorrectly? i mean, i understand just not putting anything in other than cals but when people say something has 10g of sugar when it has 1g??? wtf... there's a watermelon one out there that says 1oz of watermelon has TWELVE grams of carbs when it's more like 2g.... ugh.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    When you find a dumb one like that, edit the entry. If you don't have a label handy to double-check, you can easily find that stuff online. It will take you a little extra time, but if a lot of us commit to correcting the wrong info, it really helps all of us.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I agree. I don't know if they think "if it's not there it doesn't count"? :grumble:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    If the database on the app was the same as online we wouldnt have nearly as much duplication. Too bad the database cannot be expanded on the app, it would avoid quite the hassle of me entering a new food knowing full well that if i was WIFI connected, it would be there.
  • Sunny_Lexie
    Options
    When you find a dumb one like that, edit the entry. If you don't have a label handy to double-check, you can easily find that stuff online. It will take you a little extra time, but if a lot of us commit to correcting the wrong info, it really helps all of us.

It's what i do whenever I can, but my point is, why add something if you basically add the name and the calories without further info? If you have the nb of calories, you sure have the detailed nutritional info...:noway: