New at Keto and to the app

Options
To the warriors, I thank you for being there. I'm here to find support, living in Spain in a very small town, even though I am disciplined when it comes to what I am supposed to eat. I do not know how to count my macros. It would be very nice if someone give me a ✋!
Cheers!

Replies

• Keto60man
    Keto60man Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Me too. How you doing with keto. I think I like it so far. About 3 weeks in
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You don't have to count macros, or eat keto. You're actually not supposed to eat anything in particular, you just have to not eat too much. Maybe that's easier to be disciplined to.
  • ericwilliams39566
    ericwilliams39566 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello 2018ketodieter! My wife and I have been doing keto for a few months and had great success! We calculate our macros with a macro calculator that we found online. Every 10 pounds or so we reenter our data with our new weight to better orient ourselves. This is the website that we use: https://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/ . Those macros can be saved manually in your myfitnesspal.
  • andrederosier
    andrederosier Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Been doing keto now since September of 2016. Been maintaining but feel like I should go after the last 15 pounds sometime lol. Macros would be roughly 5% net carbs, 5% fiber, 20% protein and 70% fat. Set your net carb level and get plenty of green veggies for some fiber too. Figure your protein needs. The rest is fat. Healthy fats like olive oil, avacado, nuts, eggs, fatty fish and such the best. Keto is great because I am rarely ever hungry so I have incorporated fasting into it this past 6-9 months area. Just eat one meal a day (OMAD) and rarely even hungry when I eat that. Cravings for soda and such gone. Last soda/pop/soft drink was August 23, 2016. Keto has changed my life. Feel free to friend me if you would like.
  • AutumEatsKeto
    AutumEatsKeto Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m starting off on keto today, and I’ve downloaded a few apps pertaining to Keto. I’ve got the jist that I should avoid carbs but when it comes to the macro calculator, I’m completely clueless. I know that you don’t have to exercise while keto but it’s a lot of discipline. It’s really confusing. Perhaps you can help me with my numbers so I know where to start off properly. Wish they had more threads on here, like grocery shopping and such.
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Im starting over again and desperately need new friends lol. Im going to try keto as well, I eat way way too many carbs! Accountability, support, and advice would all be great, please feel free to add me.