weight watcher pro points

I`ve noticed that a few people had left weight watchers and joined MFP. I also did this as although the old points system worked for me the new pro points system did not even though I gave it a good long and acurate chance. I`m just curious to know wether anybody out there knows why it works for some and not for others. Weight watchers dont seem to be providing the answers.

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    It seems the new system works really well for the heavier people, but not so much for those of us with less to lose.

I still follow the old Momentum, but use MFP to track everything, then transfer to a blog that tracks my points.

On Flex and Momentum, I could eat every last point (daily, weekly and AP) and lose almost 2 pounds per week. But when I calculated the new plan, if I ate all those points you get now, I'd be gaining weight. It's too much food and a PITA to try to tweak it, I think. Plus, the new AP points calculation is about 70 calories per AP and the old one was 100, so right there alone is a huge difference.

Plus, the "free fruit." Um, yeah ... a banana is 100 calories, easy. It was a bad move.
  • I agree, it was a totally bad move.
  • ohiomom0503
    ohiomom0503 Posts: 38 Member
    It seems the new system works really well for the heavier people, but not so much for those of us with less to lose.

I still follow the old Momentum, but use MFP to track everything, then transfer to a blog that tracks my points.

On Flex and Momentum, I could eat every last point (daily, weekly and AP) and lose almost 2 pounds per week. But when I calculated the new plan, if I ate all those points you get now, I'd be gaining weight. It's too much food and a PITA to try to tweak it, I think. Plus, the new AP points calculation is about 70 calories per AP and the old one was 100, so right there alone is a huge difference.

Plus, the "free fruit." Um, yeah ... a banana is 100 calories, easy. It was a bad move.

I've been following points plus, but my losses have slowed down. I'd like to go back to Momentum, but have only had an online subscription, so have no old materials What blog do you use tht tracks your points?
  • I tried just eating fruit and vegetables to lose weight a few years ago and I kept gaining so I talked with my Dr and he said it was the fruit. There is a lot of sugar in fruit. When I quit eating so much fruit I started losing weight. Weight watchers never did really work for me and I really don't know why. I rejoined last Feb and didn't like it again so I quit. I think them making fruit 0 points is encouraging people to eat more fruit and thus consume more sugar. I think it is a bad decision on their part.
  • rml_16

I've been following points plus, but my losses have slowed down. I'd like to go back to Momentum, but have only had an online subscription, so have no old materials What blog do you use tht tracks your points?

It's just my own blog. I had bought an electronic tracker before they switched, so any points I don't have memorized, I just use that.

My blog is http://thegirlwhocouldeatanything.wordpress.com if you want to read it.

I bet if you google, you could find an old Momentum calculator or formula, and probably an electronic tracker or a cardboard points slider from the old program on eBay or Amazon.
  • perne11
    perne11 Posts: 46 Member
    I loss on the the new plan...about 20 pounds. Went from 179 to 159!

The plan equates to 40 cal. = 1 pp.

Pretty much I still divide my calories on MFP by 40 (and round up) and I get my PP value.

Technically PP is on a 1200 calorie plan + free fruits and veggies....so for the most part I've been eating the same.
  • rml_16

Pretty much I still divide my calories on MFP by 40 (and round up) and I get my PP value.

Technically PP is on a 1200 calorie plan + free fruits and veggies....so for the most part I've been eating the same.

You realize not everyone has the same points, right?
  • perne11
    perne11 Posts: 46 Member

You realize not everyone has the same points, right?

Ummm yeah! I was on the lowest amount of daily points plus they offer 29.