Hanging L sit hold

Options
Hi people trying to learn hanging L SIT holds but it seems to be hurting my quads when my legs are straight for the hold... am I doing something wrong??

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    Nope. Your legs are held up using one of your quad muscles (rectus femoris). :+1:
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Nope, but you may want to make sure your quads are a little bit warmed up and ready to go before attempting the hold.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    I've always felt like the parrellette braced L Sit was easier for me when doing progressions and making sure that I had the hold right before progressing to hang.

But Yes, you're going to need to engage your quads.
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    if you are quads are hurting it is also a sign of a "weak" core. As you practice them your core will get stronger and there will be less reliance on your quads to hold your legs up
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I've always felt like the parrellette braced L Sit was easier for me when doing progressions and making sure that I had the hold right before progressing to hang.

But Yes, you're going to need to engage your quads.

If you don't have access to parrellettes, you can use two kettlebells or dumbbells.
  • Movemoreguy22
    Movemoreguy22 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Cheers people still early days learning it on the floor like L sit tuck as well in the hang