New Beginnings

Options
Good morning everyone. I am a wife of 33 years, a mother of 3 and a grandmother of 2 beautiful granddaughters. I've started so may diet plans throughout the years but I find that "My Fitness Pal" is much easier to stick to. I have about 15 pounds to lose to reach my goal weight. I am just trying to lose weight a little at a time. I also created small cards with motivational phrases and thoughts. Today my motivational phrase is, "Today I will love myself enough to exercise". Working behind a desk all day, it's hard to get your exercise in but I did find some helpful exercises you can do while sitting. These motivational cards keep me going. I taped them to my computer or on my refrigerator. There are days I need more than one motivational phrase to get through the day. So everyone have a successful and great day.

Replies

• FranksSandwich
    FranksSandwich Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Bernie3885! Thanks for the motivation and you have a great day, as well!
  • TheMom6Girls
    TheMom6Girls Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Thanks for the kind thoughts! If you can keep motivated to log in daily it can lead to permanent changes. Try adding some friends to help inspire and motivate you. There are so many amazing people in this community !! Feel free to add me! I would love to read an motivational phrase daily!! So would others!
  • sandymom10
    sandymom10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it! My fitness pal has been the best tool for staying in track for me! Just like you, I’ve done all of the diets there are. I’ve been successful only to gain the weight back. Your situation sounds very similar. We have three beautiful children and one precious grandson. My daughter’s upcoming June wedding inspired me to get lose weight, but get healthy and stay healthy. Tracking my meals is helping me to learn about my food. I do the 21 day fix portions and use the app. I don’t do the Shakeology or their excercizes. I use a Fitbit, walk and go to the gym so far. To date I’ve lost 14 lbs in 4 weeks! I think the walking is what has helped the most other than eating healthy. Good luck