Canceling WW online but will miss weekly points for splurges.

Options
Can you go 500 over calorie limit 1 day a week and still lose weight? I will miss having those weekly points that can be saved for splurges. This is week 2 with weight watchers online and I’ve been on plan all week and have gained a pound. I’ve heard people complaining about the new freestyle plan anyways.

Replies

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    1lbs fat = 3500cal.

3500cal is how much deficit you need to make to lose 1lbs fat.

The deficit in MFP is included in your limit depending on your goal choices.

You can do the rest of the math.
  • prettyanatomy
    prettyanatomy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! You’ve been a big help.
  • aordaz0802
    aordaz0802 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also just canceled my ww subscription due to the new plan! Thanks for the info!
  • Xx_Christie_xX
    Xx_Christie_xX Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I must admit the two things I liked about WW was the weekly allowance and not having to count veg as I find it tedious weighing it all out - but even though I was following it I never seemed to lose weight - which became really demotivating. If you have MFP premium you can have different calorie goals per day so you could set it to more at weekends and normal in the week??
  • katnadreau
    katnadreau Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I like to bank calories during the week so I can enjoy goodies on the weekend, essentially what the weekly points were, you just have to choose to set them aside.
  • jrochest
    jrochest Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    There's lots of people who've dropped WW since the new program launched -- check out some of the earlier threads! I liked the weeklies too, although I rarely used them. But I'd imagine that if you aim for an 'average' of calories per day that would work -- if you eat 800 or 900 calories for two days that will make up for one 1700 calorie day.
  • jennygutt
    jennygutt Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I must admit the two things I liked about WW was the weekly allowance and not having to count veg as I find it tedious weighing it all out - but even though I was following it I never seemed to lose weight - which became really demotivating. If you have MFP premium you can have different calorie goals per day so you could set it to more at weekends and normal in the week??

That's exactly what I've been doing. And got a food scale to weigh my food and I'm now losing. I take off a little for each day thru the week to have extras the weekend or just 1 day that weekend. I make a weekly calorie plan a week at a time and put how mamu calories each day that week according to what i got going on. And then change my calorie goal for each day as i planned out. Ocassionally ill chahe it mid week if needed but just make sure to stay in my weekly calorie allowence. Its great!
  • chesves
    chesves Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add I'm a former WW online member that left as well - feel free to add me as a friend here - we're all in this together!
  • healthy2700mfp
    healthy2700mfp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am too leaving WW when my subscription runs out in 2 weeks i have been tracking with mfp and I I splurge upto 500 cal extra and I am still losing weight faster than just counting points on freestyle
  • flisch_sticks
    flisch_sticks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I switched over as Well! I lost almost 50 lbs with smarrpoints and got stuck with freestyle. I have to let it run out since I'm in a contract but I'm enjoying the freedom of different foods with calorie counting. I have more variety as well. I was losing my mind with weight watchers.
  • JoJidJude
    JoJidJude Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you have MFP premium you can have different calorie goals per day so you could set it to more at weekends and normal in the week??

Sorry to hi-jack, but where can you set this up?

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,138 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    To be honest you don't actually need premium to do this, you just need to mentally know how much extra you want at weekends.

So for example if your standard net calorie goal is say 1450 and you wanted an extra 250 cals for Sat & Sun, you could just eat 1350 on weekdays and 1700 on weekends, you can check your net cals for the day in Nutrition at the bottom of your diary.

As long as you calories even out over the week it doesn't matter too much if you have a little less some days and a little more on others. I tend to use the weekly average report (you can change the view in Nutrition to see your weekly info) rather than the day-to-day.
  • reneinitaly
    reneinitaly Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    amazing on how many of us Ex- ww'ers are here now!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    You can use a weekly goal here too in MFP but yes save some calories for splurges and still lose.