anyone else just eat crap all day (no lunch) then eat tea wi

Been doing this for months now (just so i get to eat what I like & maintain my weight but I'm finding it hard with this new diet (started it today!) I'm eating a proper lunch now (no sweet snacks or crap) and a proper tea, I need will power but just dont have any!! Have to be a size 8 by september too! This is the hardest time ever for me :(

Replies

• DiabeticAlien
    DiabeticAlien Posts: 240 Member
    I actually try to stick to a normal eating plan, as your body needs fuel throughout the day. I'm not a breakfast person, at all. Never have been. But I have to force myself to eat in the mornings, so my day stays even.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Seems like if it requires will power to overcome, I always lose. The more I have to change, the more I repeat the behavior. Strange human nature, I guess.
  • Dunrick
    Dunrick Posts: 23
    hello clare.... as a junk food eater myself I feel for you. I would look not at going cold turkey but reducing the amount of it you eat. I still eat potatoe chips and can lose weight but the thing is measuring out how much u are eating not just putting chip to mouth. If you go cold turkey you will relapse easy cause the craving will kill you cause you want it bad. Anything can be bad in excess so the key is be in moderation and reward yourself.
  • dddttt
    dddttt Posts: 39 Member
    Wait, so your diet is no snacks, proper lunch and tea... that doesn't seem barbaric to me... ;)
    How about getting a size 8 clothing you really wanna fit into, and keep it in sight at home etc. Also, snacks are ok, as long as they're healthy - candy bar is a no-no, sliced cucumber is awesome.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    I just snack a post lunch snack of raw baby carrots. They've filled me up but I still crave something naughty. :(
  • pazzescauna1
    pazzescauna1 Posts: 43 Member
    Try eating more naturally sugar-enriched foods if you can't help the fact that you have no will-power. Try eating more fruits, they're filling, fulfill your sugar craving, and are naturally good for you.

If you're worried about binging, don't. Just make sure you continually snack every 3 hours to keep your metabolism up, and drink PLENTY of water. Water will also naturally fill you up.

BEST OF LUCK!!
  • Yeah I do like breakfast, keeps you going for a while. Hey I've noticed you are diabetic?! I am too but I'm type 1 (insulin). I have very tight control over my sugars and actually got told off by my doctor this morning for keeping them so tight as there is risk of dying from hypos! I eat quite a bit of chocolate too. I'm very active thats prob why I can do that...but its time to cut all that crap out now and be healthier. :smile:
  • I am exactly like you but I would eat crisps and chocolate instead of meals as long as it added up to approx 1500-2000 calories, who cares?
    But after 5 children my body is no longer letting me do that....things are moving south and going wobbly. But I am struggling....sometimes im craving so bad and hungry for all things fatty and sugary!!