I have limited Mobility and what exercise could I do

Options
I can walk a little bit inside my apartment have to be careful because I can fall but I use a power wheelchair if I have to go out and do anything and just wondering what kind of exercise could I do to help me get in shape as I lose weight I know you don't need exercise to lose weight but I think you need it to get in tone and have a better body overall any advice on what I could do.

Replies

• JMcGee2018
    JMcGee2018 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I would suggest meeting with a physical therapist who would best be able to address your mobility issues and come up with a safe and progressive workout program for you that accommodates your limitations.
  • freespirit6315
    freespirit6315 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • ipmac22
    ipmac22 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You can always use cans or bottles as weights and remain seated or standing while doing arm exercises. Any movement is exercise so even if you can dance a bit while standing or sitting, or get in some reps of raising one leg at a time, etc... it's going to add up. Good luck!
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Without knowing the nature of the limitation it's impossible to make good recommendations.

If your condition can be improved, pool walking or mall walking might be options. If your condition is chronic and progressive then different options should be considered.