Men.... plug your ears for this one

Options
Ladies..

Do you find that you typically weigh a bit more during your "time of the month"?

Is this a normal thing, or is it just me?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It's normal. The hormonal fluctuations will make you retain more water. It should go away by the time it's over.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    yes, its normal.
    I can go up by 3lbs, some go up more and it can stay up for 5 days too.
  • jjalbertt
    jjalbertt Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I can go up 5-10lbs just from TOM. It always goes away though
  • getskinny1973
    getskinny1973 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    LOL Thanks TOM... I just didn't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable ;)
  • getskinny1973
    Options
    jjalbertt wrote: »

I'm a few lbs and get so frustrated with it...
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Yep. Sometimes 8 lbs more. It goes away though so don't worry
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    jjalbertt wrote: »

I'm a few lbs and get so frustrated with it...

Download a weight tracker and plot your weigh-ins on it. If you compare your weight when your next cycle comes around to your weight now you should see a downward trend.
  • getskinny1973
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

Download a weight tracker and plot your weigh-ins on it. If you compare your weight when your next cycle comes around to your weight now you should see a downward trend.

I've just recently done this, this is my first cycle that I have been actually monitoring, so I will have it now to compare next month.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,648 Member
    Options
    weightgrapher.com lets you superimpose your weight graph from (a user selectable) 28 days past to visually compare your current weight to your weight at the same point during your previous cycle.

I still prefer Libra for Android, Happy Scale for iPhone, and Trendweight.com, but I don't have periodic water retention! :flushed:

When setting up all these programs I tell them that I want to maintain my weight so that they don't bug me with useless and un-welcome advice: I can tell on my own whether my deficit or surplus is what I want it to be, thank you very much. Plus you probably already know (or can find out from your logging) why your weight has gone up or down... the programs don't :smiley:
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Yup. Sometimes 2, sometimes 5. I pretty much ignore my weight for about 4 days before until the last day of my cycle because it's useless info.
  • getskinny1973
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    I know the title is tongue-in-cheek, but if there is a man out there who doesn't know what a period is or is offended by that word... god help him.

That was just me trying to be funny.....
  • 25lbsorbust
    25lbsorbust Posts: 225 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    7-9 pounds more.

Which is insane because I'm only 150 to start with, so I'm literally taking on an extra 4-5% of my body weight for a few days. My body just flips out and holds every bit of water I take in, I guess. I just don't weigh myself that week, lest I have a heart attack.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    I know the title is tongue-in-cheek, but if there is a man out there who doesn't know what a period is or is offended by that word... god help him.

That was just me trying to be funny.....

"The phrase tongue-in-cheek is a figure of speech that describes a statement or other expression that the speaker or author does not mean literally, but intends as humor or otherwise not seriously."

:)
  • getskinny1973
    Options
    Yikes... maybe it's a good idea to just stay away from the scale right now. LOL