HRM Recommendations Please

Options
Hi all,
Can I get some HRM recommendations? Which model do you use? Do you love it? Best features? What should I look out for?
I'd like to spend under $200 (more in the hundo range hopefully). Want it to be comfy as I will be using it during cardio classes such as Zumba, step, etc.

Thanks for your input!!!!!

Replies

• rainbowbuggy
    Options
    Can't go wrong with Polar. I have the Polar FT4.

You shold always go for one with a chest strap. More reliable. The FT4 comes with the watch, chest strap, and transmitter. Right about 80.00.
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and it's awesome. It has a chest strap but is still super comfortable and I often forget I'm even wearing it. It was about $65 on Amazon and I love it! I definitely recommend any and all Polar products!! Good luck! Oh and there are TONS of topics in the message boards, try searching and I bet you'll get a million answers!
  • rjs3455
    rjs3455 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I use a Garmin forerunner 110. It has a heart rate belt that comes with it. Pretty nice! I paid 179 for it at REI, but its more for runners as it has a GPS that measures your pace and distance too. I love it!
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Agree on the Polar. Although I have nothing to compare it to as I went straight for it a couple of months ago when I asked the same question! Around $150 Aussie.
  • mowu
    mowu Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    As I always see people mentioning the Polar FT4 I will throw in my two cents and urge you to look at the Polar RS100 or Polar RS300 too. I've never been anything but happy about choosing the RS series
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I got the Polar FT60 for $152.99 at heartratemonitorsusa.com! An excellent buy! I absolutely love this hrm and it was the best investment I could make! They go for $199.99 at Polar.com!
  • DancingSquirrel
    Options
    I just picked up a garmin soft hrm and a wahoo fisica key for my iphone. The combo was about $130 on amazon. It just came yesterday so today will be the first run with it. If you already have an iphone this might be a good option for you.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Polar FT60. LOVE IT! Use it for Zumba and can't even feel it! No tighter than the sports bra or regular bra. I like the fact that I can look back at past workouts and see the calorite burn and info on it. It has alarsm that can be off or on, tracks my workouts to let me know if I am improving, Probably has more but who knows! LOL It was $150 at amazon.com and free shipping to U.S. States.
  • wtorc
    wtorc Posts: 9
    Options
    polar is a good product and I have use HRM for over 20 year----the last 5 I have use garmin forerunner 305---if you are serious about your workout this is the way to go---garmin has free training center you can down load and after your workout plug it in your watch, all info is there---if you walk, run, bike, and they have an indoor setting, this the best----and garmin stans behind there product better than anybody---tech is easy to call (in USA)----as a running coach that is what we use.............
  • Dare2BThin
    Dare2BThin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have th e Polar FT4, Love it paid 99.00 for it @ **** Sporting Goods, and apparently MFP thinks Im cussing LOL, they block the name of the sporting good store LOL
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 or FT7 should be just fine for the basics. I have an FT7 and I love it.. easy to use/set up,plus the strap is comfortable.

Steer clear of Timex or Sportline.. Both over estimate calorie burn and break easily.
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    BodyMedia FIT
  • amylyork
    amylyork Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and love it. Very comfortable and easy to use.
  • khoran45
    khoran45 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! After your comments and some research I went with the FT7. Can't wait to use it!