Looking for friends who despise the gym too!

I feel like there’s so many people out there who are like, “oh I go every day, even multiple times a day!” and that is frickin’ amazing, I wish I had the willpower and interest in doing that! But nah, not me at all lol. It takes me so long to convince myself to go. It’s always okay once I get there and get going, it’s getting there that’s always so hard. 90% of the battle! Basically I’m just looking for friends who want to give and need themselves some support for getting up and going to the gym. And maybe somebody who wants to talk about their dislike for going too

Replies

• conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    I'm in! I just sent you a friend request. I feel exactly the same way. I'll mess around long enough in the morning that it's too late to go and when I go in the evening I can't sleep so there's another excuse! Once I get there, I'm good.
  • lyssalosesit
    lyssalosesit Posts: 22 Member
    I'm in! I just sent you a friend request. I feel exactly the same way. I'll mess around long enough in the morning that it's too late to go and when I go in the evening I can't sleep so there's another excuse! Once I get there, I'm good.

Glad I’m not the only one!!
  • Urbancowbarn
    Urbancowbarn Posts: 97 Member
    I hate the gym, but I’ve found that I love studio type classes. When I finally found something I love doing I found myself eager to go and devasted if I couldn’t. Just sharing what worked for me.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    If you don't like the gym don't go, it's not rocket science and there are plenty of other ways to improve fitness. Find something you enjoy doing and you won't have to convince yourself to do it....
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    I try to do most of my spring-summer-fall workouts outside, including jogging, pond-swimming, cycling, hiking kayaking, SUPing, etc. Even resistance training-- get some weights and bands and have at it on the pattio. Find a friend to come join you.

The gym for me is a means to an end-- stay in shape so you can keep doing the things you love (or even get better at them).
  • lyssalosesit
    lyssalosesit Posts: 22 Member
    jayemes wrote: »
    I feel like there’s so many people out there who are like, “oh I go every day, even multiple times a day!” and that is frickin’ amazing

So you started a thread asking how often people go to the gym and then you're bashing people for their answers? Not really cool dude.
    And yes, I'm taking offense since I answered your other thread saying that I go 5 times a week and twice on Wednesdays. I enjoy it. So I do it.
    If you don't love the gym, find something else. The gym isn't the only way to stay fit and it's not necessary if you want to lose weight.

I don’t understand how it’s bashing people when I said I think it’s amazing people can do that. I literally praised people for doing it, as I’m someone who just can’t find it in myself to do it. I’m sincerely sorry you feel offended by my two posts. I didn’t mean it in that way. I just realized after the responses to that post that I think I’d feel more inspired by people who feel my struggle, rather than those who don’t find it a struggle at all. Just more relatable people. Again, sorry for the offense.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    I'm not super motivated to do machines so I take classes.
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    jayemes wrote: »
    I feel like there’s so many people out there who are like, “oh I go every day, even multiple times a day!” and that is frickin’ amazing

So you started a thread asking how often people go to the gym and then you're bashing people for their answers? Not really cool dude.
    And yes, I'm taking offense since I answered your other thread saying that I go 5 times a week and twice on Wednesdays. I enjoy it. So I do it.
    If you don't love the gym, find something else. The gym isn't the only way to stay fit and it's not necessary if you want to lose weight.

How do you get offended by this? I hate gyms myself which is why I do home workouts.