Need Some Help!!

Options
I need some help, I started hitting the gym really hard in Jan. and build some good muscle and lost 20lbs, then in March I got a full-time job as an admin assistant, I haven't worked in 8 years, I was a stay at home mom. March to June I kept up with my workouts and gym time, then summer holidays hit and I have completely fallen off the wagon. For the 1st time in 8 years I am trying to juggle babysitters, a full-time job, sports etc and it's kicking my butt!! I feel like like a failure in so many ways, less time with my kids, the house is a train wreck and there is always a mountain of laundry, meals have been quickly thrown together, and I literally am so tired by the time they go to bed that I have no time for my husband. Anyway, the reason for this post is this...I need help trying to figure out some good at home workouts, I can't find time for the gym but need to get back into working out. I have only gained 5lbs back out of the 20 I have lost but my energy level is way down, I am always tired, and my mood sucks. I have a (dusty) treadmill, some weights with a bar, and an exercise ball. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• ashleyh3156
    ashleyh3156 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Use your treadmill!! I also read a great article about moms having too many expectations on them for this day in age, we aren't all stay at home moms anymore! Anyhow, it gave me the great advice of telling yourself do you want an A+ for being a mom, or a A+ for being a house keeper? I will take a C- in house keeping to get an A in parenting, hope this helps. Don't be too hard on yourself and prioritize what is important in your life over the small stuff that won't matter a year from now.
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Can you walk on your lunch break? You have the treadmill at home. What about the Jillian Michael's 30- Day Shred. She irritates me, but it's only a 20 min workout.
  • Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Back in the crazy days, where you are now, meal planning was a life saver. Get the kids (if they're old enough) and husband to help out-they have to eat it too. nor having to worry about meals each day, made my life easier.

A good multi vitamin and the treadmill should make a difference for you. Put it in front of the tv if you have to.

Goof luck and take care of yourself too!
  • fishburp
    fishburp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't worry! Being a mom is a full-time job, now you're working 2 jobs. I use DVDs, I found that doing a workout for 10 minutes about every hour instead of a full 45 - 60 minute workout at once, keeps me in shape. Personally I like Gilad (calisthenics) and Cathe (step-aerobics). During the weekend - when I have time - I do a full workout at one time, for stamina and it gives my workout a kick. For me, the DVDs are great and people ask me how I have had 3 kids and look like I do, so I must say that DVDs actually work as long as you do a minimum of 30 minutes a day - depending on what you eat. The step-aerobics burn off the calories and stress! The calisthenics give me muscle like you wouldn't believe. Have fun and don't worry about the mess as much - you are working 2 jobs now.
  • Nuts4play
    Nuts4play Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    When you get home from grocery shopping, put all the veggies in single-serving packages. That way you just grab'n'go. When the kids want snacks, there's the snack-size veggies already cut up and ready! A little dipping sauce (peanut butter or salad dressing) and they're happy campers! Think of the money you'll save on junk-snacks!!! :D

Chop your family-meal salad ingredients (except the juicy/messy stuff) and put in a large gallon size ziploc. Don't put the salad dressing in the bag as it makes the veggies soggy after a couple hours. Super-fast and easy when it's time to serve the family. Use cherry tomato's instead of cutting up large tomato's and they can go right in the bag too!