41 and need sports bra advice!

Options
rebeccaholycross
rebeccaholycross Posts: 6 Member
edited March 2018 in Motivation and Support
Hey all! I'm 41 and never had a successful sports bra experience. I am on the very busty side and I am in need of advice and that direction. Has anyone had a sports bra that they really loved that supported you in your vigorous activities?

Thanks so much!!

Replies

• Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Yes, a criss cross back with back fastening and no underwire. Fits tight almost like a binding but not that tight! Rather like a swimsuit top that you put over your head to get on. I have friends who now/used to wear an underwire sports bra with a bra similar to the one I described over the top for very vigorous exercise :)

Good luck!
  • rebeccaholycross
    Options
    Thanks! Do you have a brand name you like that I could look into?
  • mkyoungdds
    mkyoungdds Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    When I was heavier (and bustier), I was in love with the Brooks (formerly Moving Comfort) Fiona. It's based on bra size rather than small/medium/large. Brooks also has a couple of other styles for even higher impact or larger bust sizes. Plus, pretty colors!
  • trcaylor
    trcaylor Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was just recommended Victoria sport max support bras and they have a sale 2/60 right now. I can’t speak from expierence yet but she loved them and they was on sale basically two for the price of one so I grabbed them. The reviews was great.
  • talpaengi
    talpaengi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It depends a bit both on what kinds of exercise you want the bra for and how busty you mean. I currently wear 34H (UK sizing) and love my Lynx Sportswear bra. It's very comfortable, doesn't have individual cups or underwire and it actually contains me well. Their sizing is based on both ribcage and full bust measurements, rather than just going S-XL or whatever, which is great if you have a larger than average cup size for your band. I've previously used sports bras from the standard bra manufacturers I buy my everyday bras from and those never seemed to fit right... Anyway, I hope you find a bra that works well for you! Bras are so nightmarish.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Enell, shock absorber, and Victoria secret are well liked brands on here. You could try doing a search on MFP for "sports bra" because this topic is discussed thoroughly at least 2x month
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    I love my Natori sports bras - picked them up at Nordstrom. I am a 32DD. The girls are locked and loaded in a comfortable bra with no underwire, adjustable straps and cute colors. Plus, they don't make you look flat chested. I have three of them and they serve me well for boot camp and tennis.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I’ve worn an Enell from 44G to 34G. I will not buy anything else. I run and do triathlons in it, even the swim part. If you want sexy, this is not that. This is pure functionality and physics.

And I’ll put this out there: I think different sports bras work well for different types of breasts. I’m 47, breastfed 2 kids, have lost 65 lbs over the last 5 years, and still have a G cup. My breasts are about as you’d expect. This bra works for me.
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Berlei - I think Australian brand?
  • jacesmom4930
    jacesmom4930 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my Victoria’s Secret sports bra. Super supportive. And won’t break the bank.
  • sra455
    sra455 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i recently bought this one and i love it: https://www.torrid.com/product/underwire-sports-bra/11064737.html#q=Underwire+Sports+Bra&start=12

i'm a DD and it does great making me feel comfortable and secure. they have it in lots of colors <3
  • Laural7
    Laural7 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Elomi Energize ... I run and ride horses in this thing with H/I cups. I've tried EVERYTHING and failed but this is a game changer. Not cute but burpies can happen with NO movement or bounce.
  • rebeccaholycross
    Options
    talpaengi wrote: »
    It depends a bit both on what kinds of exercise you want the bra for and how busty you mean. I currently wear 34H (UK sizing) and love my Lynx Sportswear bra. It's very comfortable, doesn't have individual cups or underwire and it actually contains me well. Their sizing is based on both ribcage and full bust measurements, rather than just going S-XL or whatever, which is great if you have a larger than average cup size for your band. I've previously used sports bras from the standard bra manufacturers I buy my everyday bras from and those never seemed to fit right... Anyway, I hope you find a bra that works well for you! Bras are so nightmarish.

This is great! I'm a 36HH (UK sizing) so this info is extremely helpful! Thanks so much!
  • rebeccaholycross
    Options
    Laural7 wrote: »
    Elomi Energize ... I run and ride horses in this thing with H/I cups. I've tried EVERYTHING and failed but this is a game changer. Not cute but burpies can happen with NO movement or bounce.

I have Elomi brand bras currently and love them. This is a very good option. Did you have to find a shop and try them on for the sports bra or did you order them online?
  • aliblain
    aliblain Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have a large bust and have found shock absorber bras to be good. They feel quite constructing at first but they keep everything in place!
  • rebeccaholycross
    Options
    aliblain wrote: »
    I have a large bust and have found shock absorber bras to be good. They feel quite constructing at first but they keep everything in place!

What brand was successful for you?
  • getskinny1973
    getskinny1973 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered Victoria Secrets sports bra. They clip in the front and also have a part to go over the cup that zips up for extra support. I love it. Very supportive. I'm a 36 DDD in their sizes.
  • ashleyrebekah392
    ashleyrebekah392 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret maximum support bras are amazing!! Doesn't give me uniboob but keeps my boobs from moving! And I wear DD and it fits perfect! I have the incredible bra, front close and cross back. But I've read great reviews about the other maximum support bras.