Juicing

Options
For the first time in my life I have begun juicing. I used a beet, orange, lemon and two apples. A bit messy however, quite tasty. Does anyone juice? Do you find it helpful or counter intuitive to your goals. Calculations gave me 297 calories.

Replies

• edetherington
    edetherington Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have been making green smoothies for breakfast since after New Years. We put a ton of kale in them and our ninja blender is able to almost vaporize it since the kale is frozen. The added fiber has definitely been a nice way to help keep our bodies cleaned out after having a couple cheat meals over the weekend. Plus we get all of our fruits out of the way each morning in the smoothie as well.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    If you juice think about saving the pulp (fiber) for a day or two. It's easy to throw into spaghetti sauce or stew for a nutrition hit!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Smoothies might be a better fiber choice.
    Fruit juice sugars don't do a whole lot in regards to the hunger factor. Hopefully you are not diabetic...juices are a no no.
  • helene4
    helene4 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    If I make juice, I only juice vegetables. no fruit. Sometimes when I have days where I feel as if I didn't eat enough veggies, I'll have juice. Or if it's really hot and I feel like a cool drink that's not water - juice. Especially after a long hike.

I stick with juicing - celery, lettuce, lemon, parsley, cucumber, and spinach :)
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    helene4 wrote: »
    If I make juice, I only juice vegetables. no fruit. Sometimes when I have days where I feel as if I didn't eat enough veggies, I'll have juice. Or if it's really hot and I feel like a cool drink that's not water - juice. Especially after a long hike.

I stick with juicing - celery, lettuce, lemon, parsley, cucumber, and spinach :)

This is the best juicing option. Fruits concentrated down fructose...no so good :/
  • amlelas68
    amlelas68 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love juicing my veggies. Its a nice way to get them in. I also eat them whole through out the day. I alter every other day. one day I do spinach , celery, apples. Then second day ill do spinach /mango/ strawberries. I try try to have variety.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!